Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Read Only
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have the correct info on LEDs read all post and am more confused. The only lights on the bulb warning signal are the outside lights which I am sure would have to be replaced with CANBUS LED bulbs. The inside lights are not on any warning indicator, so I assume they can be regular LED replacements. Somewhere on the posts it stated the cargo lights can be, but the map lights, dome light, glove box should be CANBUS, that doesn't seem correct. Can some help with the correct info sure it would help .

Thanks to anyone who can help.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Renegade
6 Posts
Does anybody have the correct info on LEDs read all post and am more confused. The only lights on the bulb warning signal are the outside lights which I am sure would have to be replaced with CANBUS LED bulbs. The inside lights are not on any warning indicator, so I assume they can be regular LED replacements. Somewhere on the posts it stated the cargo lights can be, but the map lights, dome light, glove box should be CANBUS, that doesn't seem correct. Can some help with the correct info sure it would help .

Thanks to anyone who can help.
So my experience with the conversion to LED (2019 Latitude) was that the CANBUS error-free headlights, reverse lights, front side marker lights and fog lights work great with no errors. I have the DRLs, front and rear turn signals coming this week (5/7). The rear side marker lights are not replaceable; I believe they are a wired-in LED.

I am having the same error with the license plate lights; every one I have tried throws the error. I am guessing resistors are going to be needed unless someone has found a bulb that will work. I thought of trying a 194 CANBUS error-free with multiple LED chips (more than 3) in it because it should necessitate the need for more current to the socket.

On the interior, I used CANBUS error-free 194s in the two map lights, the dome light, the glove box light and the cargo area light. Again all five of those produced zero errors.

Thoughts or additions anyone?
Rich

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I recently posted a list of all the relevant bulbs in a Jeep Renegade, so did a few others.

If it's any consolation I awaiting interior LEDS due to arrive tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Update:

The bulbs arrived. Rear cargo bay light, interior passenger light, front courtesy lights have all been replaced with LED.

Beware! When you say regular LEDs and do not make the mistake as I did and buy the long LEDs with the metal at each end that look like big fuses. No need to guess that they are the wrong ones.

ps: Forget any ideas of trying to unhook the clear lens and replace the courtesy lights. It only took about 1 minute to remove the whole panel. 2 clips at the front and 1 at each side then the panel drops out. You dont even need to bother unhooking the harness plugs as the bulbs are contained within a housing that has 2 finger press clips to release it from the rear. Simply use a credit card to slide out your bulbs. If I can offer one tip it is that you leave the ignition in the on (MAR) position and your courtesy lights switched ON. For whatever reason the bulbs illuminated immediately as opposed to 30 minutes fannying around trying to work out if the were duds.

The link, if clicked will show you what I used and all lights are working with no errors.

LED courtesy bulbs canbus free

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you change out your tag lights? I have the 2020 and get message about tag light out even when it is not.

Update:

The bulbs arrived. Rear cargo bay light, interior passenger light, front courtesy lights have all been replaced with LED.

Beware! When you say regular LEDs and do not make the mistake as I did and buy the long LEDs with the metal at each end that look like big fuses. No need to guess that they are the wrong ones.

ps: Forget any ideas of trying to unhook the clear lens and replace the courtesy lights. It only took about 1 minute to remove the whole panel. 2 clips at the front and 1 at each side then the panel drops out. You dont even need to bother unhooking the harness plugs as the bulbs are contained within a housing that has 2 finger press clips to release it from the rear. Simply use a credit card to slide out your bulbs. If I can offer one tip it is that you leave the ignition in the on (MAR) position and your courtesy lights switched ON. For whatever reason the bulbs illuminated immediately as opposed to 30 minutes fannying around trying to work out if the were duds.

The link, if clicked will show you what I used and all lights are working with no errors.

LED courtesy bulbs canbus free

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Here was me thinking you had searchlights in your Jeep to light up walls and buildings :eek:

Over the "Pond" a tag is a signature ie Graffitti :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts