Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchase this light kit for the Jeep. Purchased it off of Amazon. LED Rear Bumper Reflectors. I took the Jeep to the dealer today and the inspector said it will not work for US Renegade only import. I would advise to not buy the product for US Renegade. It’s too bad because it would look cool. I already returned the product this morning. The return and drop off was the store Kohl’s.

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
I purchase this light kit for the Jeep. Purchased it off of Amazon. LED Rear Bumper Reflectors. I took the Jeep to the dealer today and the inspector said it will not work for US Renegade only import. I would advise to not buy the product for US Renegade. It’s too bad because it would look cool. I already returned the product this morning. The return and drop off was the store Kohl’s.

Should've gone to another dealer that was willing to try. Its functionality could possibly be enabled via some software trickery or tapping into the main taillight's wiring.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It wasn’t that serious. I didn’t need the light kit that bad. I went to the Jeep dealer. I’ll wait to see someone on the forum hook it up and show photos.

Should've gone to another dealer that was willing to try. Its functionality could possibly be enabled via some software trickery or tapping into the main taillight's wiring.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Those are meant to be upgrades for euro spec rear fog lights (with integrated reverse lights), which come factory equipped overseas.

Totally feasible to install, but would require custom wiring since US market renegades don't have the wiring and switches for them.

Some cars in the US have them, but mostly when i see them, the driver has no clue of their purpose and they leave them on at all times. They are bright like a brake light and pretty annoying, and give the illusion you are riding your brakes.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Those are meant to be upgrades for euro spec rear fog lights (with integrated reverse lights), which come factory equipped overseas.

Totally feasible to install, but would require custom wiring since US market renegades don't have the wiring and switches for them.

Some cars in the US have them, but mostly when i see them, the driver has no clue of their purpose and they leave them on at all times. They are bright like a brake light and pretty annoying, and give the illusion you are riding your brakes.

I've got rear fogs on my Jag and I use them when some A-hole is behind me with his brights. It gets them to cooperate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts