Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have noticed a few different headlight designs on the pre-production models. The first is present on the red model in the site banner. Looks to be a conventional headlight. Second is the projector style with the "X" pattern. I'm wondering if that "X" might be a stylized LED day time running light.

What other cool lighting tech, interior or exterior, would you like to see?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I am surprised that the car has no exterior LED lighting except for the third brake light. Even the smallest Kia model has LED lights. I'm not saying that I would like the car to look like a Christmas decoration, but why not use LEDs for the daytime running lights and for the rear lights? If I get a Renegade I will definitely look into replacing the halogen bulbs in the DRL with LEDs.

·
Registered
953 Posts
When you consider the price of the Renegade, especially at the lower trim levels, I think that it makes sense that Jeep decided not to put LEDs everywhere. It would increase the price a bit and that's not really the customer they are going after.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm not big into the "decorative" LED strips... but quite frankly the well optioned versions of the Renegade (TH & Lim, for example) really should have HID or LED headlights as part of those packages. I mean... a base model Corolla... the worlds most uninspiring appliance... has LED headlights standard.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Not really a fan of LED's just for the sake of them being LEDs. Some of the hybrid LED/incandescent taillights look better on some vehicles. And I have seen interior LEDs that were too harsh and blue.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Not really a fan of LED's just for the sake of them being LEDs. Some of the hybrid LED/incandescent taillights look better on some vehicles. And I have seen interior LEDs that were too harsh and blue.
That's because most LEDs (particularly the aftermarket ones) are 5000-6000+ Kelvin range.... the sweet spot is 4000-4300 I find for the whitest, clearest light (which is where many of the quality ones fall).

·
Registered
194 Posts
That's because most LEDs (particularly the aftermarket ones) are 5000-6000+ Kelvin range.... the sweet spot is 4000-4300 I find for the whitest, clearest light (which is where many of the quality ones fall).
You are exactly right. Temperature around 4,000K and a CRI 80+. I think LEDs are great IF the quality is there, but too many times it is not. I saw am OEM implementation that was poor, on an Impala (rental).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.