Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have noticed a few different headlight designs on the pre-production models. The first is present on the red model in the site banner. Looks to be a conventional headlight. Second is the projector style with the "X" pattern. I'm wondering if that "X" might be a stylized LED day time running light.

What other cool lighting tech, interior or exterior, would you like to see?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I am surprised that the car has no exterior LED lighting except for the third brake light. Even the smallest Kia model has LED lights. I'm not saying that I would like the car to look like a Christmas decoration, but why not use LEDs for the daytime running lights and for the rear lights? If I get a Renegade I will definitely look into replacing the halogen bulbs in the DRL with LEDs.

·
Registered
953 Posts
When you consider the price of the Renegade, especially at the lower trim levels, I think that it makes sense that Jeep decided not to put LEDs everywhere. It would increase the price a bit and that's not really the customer they are going after.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Looking at it at that point of view, it makes sense.
it also helps them with saving an idea for when they need more value to add to the renegade.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm not big into the "decorative" LED strips... but quite frankly the well optioned versions of the Renegade (TH & Lim, for example) really should have HID or LED headlights as part of those packages. I mean... a base model Corolla... the worlds most uninspiring appliance... has LED headlights standard.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Not really a fan of LED's just for the sake of them being LEDs. Some of the hybrid LED/incandescent taillights look better on some vehicles. And I have seen interior LEDs that were too harsh and blue.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Not really a fan of LED's just for the sake of them being LEDs. Some of the hybrid LED/incandescent taillights look better on some vehicles. And I have seen interior LEDs that were too harsh and blue.
That's because most LEDs (particularly the aftermarket ones) are 5000-6000+ Kelvin range.... the sweet spot is 4000-4300 I find for the whitest, clearest light (which is where many of the quality ones fall).

·
Registered
194 Posts
That's because most LEDs (particularly the aftermarket ones) are 5000-6000+ Kelvin range.... the sweet spot is 4000-4300 I find for the whitest, clearest light (which is where many of the quality ones fall).
You are exactly right. Temperature around 4,000K and a CRI 80+. I think LEDs are great IF the quality is there, but too many times it is not. I saw am OEM implementation that was poor, on an Impala (rental).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts