Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone less started a lemon law case over there faulty transmission? ive had so much replaced in my transmission its ridiculous. I have stopped driving the thing because its very scary and dangerous. It will stall out while driving not shift in u turn it will stop and the traction control will display and cant move my car. Just last week I bought a 1999 WJ to be able to get to and from work since the renegade is always in the shop or just undrivable. the sad part is the WJ get 15 mpg and the BU get 13MPG..... FCA has done nothing an now refuses to speak to me or do something about this car, before I start my lemon laws they would confirm that there was problems with this car and now since I have a law suit they do nothing.

·
Super Moderator
3,600 Posts
Has anyone less started a lemon law case over there faulty transmission? ive had so much replaced in my transmission its ridiculous. I have stopped driving the thing because its very scary and dangerous. It will stall out while driving not shift in u turn it will stop and the traction control will display and cant move my car. Just last week I bought a 1999 WJ to be able to get to and from work since the renegade is always in the shop or just undrivable. the sad part is the WJ get 15 mpg and the BU get 13MPG..... FCA has done nothing an now refuses to speak to me or do something about this car, before I start my lemon laws they would confirm that there was problems with this car and now since I have a law suit they do nothing.
That's sop for a lemon law suit. Once you sue them they do not talk to you outside of the prescribed channels under the law. it is not in their best interests and can be used against them. You want to document, document, document before you go the lemon law route, not try to do it after.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's sop for a lemon law suit. Once you sue them they do not talk to you outside of the prescribed channels under the law. it is not in their best interests and can be used against them. You want to document, document, document before you go the lemon law route, not try to do it after.
Everything is documented like everything.

·
Registered
534 Posts
For the record I have been down this road with FCA and they handled it as well as I would have hoped for. I called them and discussed it with them before I went the lemon law route. They agreed to buy my vehicle back and replace it. That is why I am getting a Renegade. My take on it is that if you are fair with them they will be fair to you. I would recomend that everyone try to work it out with them before getting lawyers involved.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For the record I have been down this road with FCA and they handled it as well as I would have hoped for. I called them and discussed it with them before I went the lemon law route. They agreed to buy my vehicle back and replace it. That is why I am getting a Renegade. My take on it is that if you are fair with them they will be fair to you. I would recomend that everyone try to work it out with them before getting lawyers involved.

I tried to work it out with them. That is why I went to the lemon laws. they denied me for a new transmission and a buy back or swap out. so I told them I was lemon lawing it them.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I tried to work it out with them. That is why I went to the lemon laws. they denied me for a new transmission and a buy back or swap out. so I told them I was lemon lawing it them.
well that sux..
sorry to hear I hope it works out for you

·
Registered
129 Posts
At ~6000 miles now and my tranny is starting to act up. I am also getting the traction control issue. Clear, dry pavement and the traction control will come on and kill the power.
Man, sorry to hear so many are having issues with the 9 speed. Do you think it may be a programming error, something in the software instead of a mechanical problem? I am currently at ~5200 miles of hard driving including 5 trips to Hidden Falls off-road park and 1 trip to Artesia Wells down South. I have had ZERO issues with the 9 speed so far. Shift flawless and have yet to encounter the problems others are having. Hope it stays that way, fingers crossed.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Man, sorry to hear so many are having issues with the 9 speed. Do you think it may be a programming error, something in the software instead of a mechanical problem? I am currently at ~5200 miles of hard driving including 5 trips to Hidden Falls off-road park and 1 trip to Artesia Wells down South. I have had ZERO issues with the 9 speed so far. Shift flawless and have yet to encounter the problems others are having. Hope it stays that way, fingers crossed.
most of the issue with these trans is due to software and the c-clutch snap ring

·
Registered
534 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
As far as transmission...Mine was physically leaking fluid at 4000 miles....Replaced transmission..took 45 days to replace it..PA lemon law states any repair that takes over 30 days or same issue 3 times...Well at day 30 I contacted FCA told them I wanted a new vehicle or or at least no refund my money I paid for the month it was gone..I was told no on both cases...I called a lawyer and claimed lemon law.. It took 7 months but I just heard from the lawyer yesterday..FCA agreed to all terms of Lemon Law..They are buying the Jeep back off of me..Refunding me my deposit and all fees and all payments I made to them..Only thing I am paying is 30 cents on the mile up to when it originally broke at 4000 miles..So because of FCA ignorant responses to me in the beginning asking for a direct replacement or my 1 month payment back they are now out about $10000 after they pay me and the lawyer and no they have to try and resell a Jeep with a tainted lemon law title..Way to go FCA!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As far as transmission...Mine was physically leaking fluid at 4000 miles....Replaced transmission..took 45 days to replace it..PA lemon law states any repair that takes over 30 days or same issue 3 times...Well at day 30 I contacted FCA told them I wanted a new vehicle or or at least no refund my money I paid for the month it was gone..I was told no on both cases...I called a lawyer and claimed lemon law.. It took 7 months but I just heard from the lawyer yesterday..FCA agreed to all terms of Lemon Law..They are buying the Jeep back off of me..Refunding me my deposit and all fees and all payments I made to them..Only thing I am paying is 30 cents on the mile up to when it originally broke at 4000 miles..So because of FCA ignorant responses to me in the beginning asking for a direct replacement or my 1 month payment back they are now out about $10000 after they pay me and the lawyer and no they have to try and resell a Jeep with a tainted lemon law title..Way to go FCA!!

mine is leaking trany fluid to but FCA can not confirm that either. my lawyers have asked for a complete by back or swap out have not heard a word, plus im wanting to be compensated for the 2nd car I bought so I didn't have to drive a death trap. my court date is june 16th so its getting close.

·
Registered
221 Posts
mine is leaking trany fluid to but FCA can not confirm that either. my lawyers have asked for a complete by back or swap out have not heard a word, plus im wanting to be compensated for the 2nd car I bought so I didn't have to drive a death trap. my court date is june 16th so its getting close.
Let us know what happens.

I've started having some transmission problems in the last month or so. Several large clunks when downshifting although it's impossible to replicate. Going to take it in but i have ZERO faith that they'll be able to fix it or replace it. I love this car but I don't know, not sure it's worth the anxiety of wondering when it's going to leave me stranded (again).

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Let us know what happens.

I've started having some transmission problems in the last month or so. Several large clunks when downshifting although it's impossible to replicate. Going to take it in but i have ZERO faith that they'll be able to fix it or replace it. I love this car but I don't know, not sure it's worth the anxiety of wondering when it's going to leave me stranded (again).

exactly the reason I said **** it and bought a car straight up and park the renegade. I just hated driving so much was scared everything I go in the car just hoping something wasn't going to happen. Ive been driving the other jeep for a month now and I enjoy driving once again! its a great feeling when you get in a car an know that you want be left on the side of the road or the car just stopping in the middle of the road. Only problem the 99 grand Cherokee has is the shocks squeak when I go over a speed bump. the problems with the renegade id be here all day typing out the problems ha!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
2015 lemon Renegade Freedom!!!!!

GREAT NEWS EVERYONE! FCA agreed to my terms on the Buy back and I was granted! cant even express how lucky and happy I am right now! For that dying question would I get another renegade....... **** NO!!! would I get another jeep already did 99 jeep grand Cherokee 1000x more reliable and safer then that lemon!

if any of you are having problems and the dealership tells you no one else is having these problems, id start to consider then Lemon Laws if you can. it might take time but its well worth being able to sleep at night. if any of you are in the situation I was I have faith that you will have the light at the end of your tunnel!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.