Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone changed out the license plate lights with Canbus error free LED lights that did not give an error that a light was out? If so, what was the make of the lights. I have tried several different ones and I always get a an error.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Dennis

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried those lights and these, JDM ASTAR Extremely Bright Canbus Error Free and I get the light on the instrument panel saying that a light is out. :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now I tried, 194 CAN Bus LED Bulb - 5 SMD LED Tower - Miniature Wedge Retrofit - Natural White, and still get the dreaded Backup lights are out message.:eek:

·
Registered
30 Posts
You may want to try heading to the dealer, there is a tsb for the BCM for false bulb out warnings. I got the same when I swapped out my back up bulbs, but after the dealer updated the BCM it no longer gave me the bulb out warning.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Question to 00NissanNinja:

Hi, can you please provide a bit more information about the "TSB for the BCM for false bulb out warnings"?
I have been talking with FCA and the local dealership, but they are both unaware of this issue or any possible fix... Instead they gave me a warning that I may void my warranty by changing the light bulbs...!

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.