Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I own a 2016 Renegade Trailhawk. I took my car in for a routine maintenance. When I picked it up the tailgate sensor was on. I closed the gate, but it hasn't turned off. The lift gate latches but it will not lock. So, when I lock my car the 4 doors lock but the lift gate does not. Anyone have any advice besides schedule with maintenance again?

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Haven't had THAT problem on my 2016 Trailhawk BUT did have the rear liftgate NOT opening no matter what I did - locked, unlocked with fob, etc. All it did was HONK 2x and flash the lights when I tried to open it. Worked FINE up until now. The My Sky power also is not working. Don't know if there's a connection. BUT today I found a way to open the rear liftgate - there is a tiny hole on the drivers LEFT side underneath the rear roofline - up by the brake light. Inside that hole is some sort of reset switch - I put my finger in and felt a spring-loaded sort of plastic screw - I pushed it in, and it must have reset the door lock on the liftgate! holy COW - doesn't take much to make me happy! SO give that try to reset your liftgate. Let us know if it works - Kris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts