Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
http://www.quadratec.com/products/KJ09168BK.htm
I will have to wait until I get home to verify. But does it seem odd to anyway Quadratec has it before you can order it on Daystar's site?
I work for Quadratec and just wanted to mention that our Webmaster traded in his JKU for a brand new Renegade. With that said I'm sure any Renegade parts available from any of our manufacturers will be available through us :)

-Rick

Reactions: JeepGuyDave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Oh I am not questioning Quadratec. I have bought many apart. I am just curious if it is a "pre" order since Daystar is not selling them yet is all.
No problem, I didn't take it as questioning us. They're not currently in stock from what I show here. I e-mailed Daystar and will have an update for you as to when we will be seeing these in stock.

Thanks!

-Rick

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks like a week or so until Daystar gets these in, then another week or so to us for inventory.

Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sweet on my way to order. Has anyone (meaning Quadratec =) gotten any literature on them? I need will need tires and want to order them but not sure what to get. Or can someone point me to a thread.

·
Registered
610 Posts
http://www.quadratec.com/products/KJ09168BK.htm
I will have to wait until I get home to verify. But does it seem odd to anyway Quadratec has it before you can order it on Daystar's site?
Lots of online/mail order retailers take orders for things they don't yet have to ship. Money in the bank first, the rest later.

I tend to steer clear of those businesses. Unethical for one.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Sweet on my way to order. Has anyone (meaning Quadratec =) gotten any literature on them? I need will need tires and want to order them but not sure what to get. Or can someone point me to a thread.
Here you go, 235/65R17 tires will work very nicely, that is what the Daystar Renegade has. This is the personal vehicle of Mark, the Daystar CEO.

I went to the Off Road Expo Show today in Pomona, California. I found the Daystar booth and saw the lifted Latitude 4x4 in person, yes it looks nice and the proportions look good.

Trying to get more information I have two false starts with two of the Daystar guys, they said it was two new and it was pucks. Well, fortunately, Mark, the CEO of Daystar came over to talk to me and I got the real story.

So, the kit consists of the Daystar polyurethane discs/pucks (1 3/8") that go at the top of the strut assembly. Next, two new tie rod end links on either front side (I may have the term incorrect). For the rear, there are bolt on control arm brackets that re-center the wheel from the lift. Also on the rear is a bracket to relocate the evaporative canister.

The next thing blew me away, the setup is tested and certified to be FMVSS 126 Compliant (for the Electronic Stability Control Systems). He said the tested it four or five times at a cost of $15K each time. This was one area I thought you may sacrifice with a lift, but Daystar came through.

They have tried it on the 4x4 and 4x2 Latitude and the Trailhawk. Mark said the 1 1/2" lift with the 235/65R17 tires gives a 2" lift total. He said they tried a thicker pucks, 2", but the Renegade just looked out of proportion with so much air between the top of the tire and the bottom of the fender.

Reactions: twospirits

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have the sport model with 16's. After extensive conversations with the one that will do the lift and then with my tire guy. I ended up going with 225/75r16 AT2's. I was looking at the Discovery ATP's but like the side bite of the Generals.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.