Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Renegade Limited AWD 2.4L
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe I posted something similar to this awhile back, so sorry if it’s redundant.

I’ve more familiarized myself with the options of lift kits and see Daystar 1.5” spacer kit as well as Rough County 2” spacer kit. I found an actual spring lift from ATP (American Trail Products) for 4”, but online reviews for the company is horrible (good reviews for the hardware).

1st Question: Does anyone know of a spring lift other than ATP for 2017 Renegade AWD?

2nd Question: Anyone know how this person achieved this sort of lift (I’m fresh out of ideas minus a completely custom kit they did some how)...

I was going to lower it, but dang it....I love the capabilities of an off road machine.

·
Super Moderator
3,409 Posts
2nd Question: Anyone know how this person achieved this sort of lift (I’m fresh out of ideas minus a completely custom kit they did some how)...

View attachment 2396349862

I was going to lower it, but dang it....I love the capabilities of an off road machine.
Photoshop. There was a texas company that did a horking big lift with similar looking tires, but they poke out the side a LOT more. You physically can't tuck in tires that big on the the renegade, especially with the offsets on those wheels.

You can do 2" body and 2" springs That's pretty much it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Photoshop. There was a texas company that did a horking big lift with similar looking tires, but they poke out the side a LOT more. You physically can't tuck in tires that big on the the renegade, especially with the offsets on those wheels.

You can do 2" body and 2" springs That's pretty much it.
By Body Lift...I’m assuming you mean the Daystar or Rough Country strut spacer kit? If you do mean a body lift....where can I find one? I’ve been looking to no avail.

And where can I find a spring lift other than ATP products (if it comes to it I’ll work with them, but due to poor reviews of the company I’d rather go elsewhere).

·
Registered
671 Posts
I guess the old sticker saying, "If it's too loud, you're too old" should be changed to, "If it's too high, you're too old" because I don't understand why people want that Bigfoot look....lol

Reactions: JasoninDLH

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
More for function. I was very close on trading the Renegade with a Wrangler Rubicon and adding a small lift to that to fit 37’s on it (until my wife squashed my plans :cry:). Here in MN we have lots of muddy trails that smaller tires simply can’t handle (especially after the big 40” tires go through leaving quite a rut). So I’m trying to mount the largest tire possible to be able to hit the trails after 20 years of absence from the off road scene.

Looks like it’ll be a 2” Rough Country spacer lift coupled with the Eibach 1.7”x1.1”spring lift. Hopefully I’ll be able to mount at least 31’s (crossing my fingers that 33’s with fender modifications will fit, but I doubt that’ll happen).

·
Registered
276 Posts
More for function. I was very close on trading the Renegade with a Wrangler Rubicon and adding a small lift to that to fit 37’s on it (until my wife squashed my plans :cry:). Here in MN we have lots of muddy trails that smaller tires simply can’t handle (especially after the big 40” tires go through leaving quite a rut). So I’m trying to mount the largest tire possible to be able to hit the trails after 20 years of absence from the off road scene.

Looks like it’ll be a 2” Rough Country spacer lift coupled with the Eibach 1.7”x1.1”spring lift. Hopefully I’ll be able to mount at least 31’s (crossing my fingers that 33’s with fender modifications will fit, but I doubt that’ll happen).
Really doubt you'll ever get 31's without some serious modifications. The wheel well won't allow for it. I think 265/55r16 is the largest that I've seen anyone fit. Which is under 28" in diameter. Even at that size you need the lift, spacers, and to modify the inner fender well and trim the pinch seam so you don't rub.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I guess it’s going to be 28’s then. ;) I was afraid of that.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Jason I have just looked at an old topic that you need from a dear friend and member of the forum IDoMyOwnracing. Let me see if I can find it on my 2nd opened forum page.

Click the link.

4" lifts and spacers

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great, thanks for sharing! I see he’s running the ATP lift. That is the company I’m kind of trying to avoid as they’ve had really bad reviews for customer service. They do make a 4” spring lift that I could possibly couple with the Rough Country 2” Strut spacer.

I do need more research on the geometry of the suspension and how all this affects it before doing any of this though. I’ve only lifted a leaf spring Wrangler and put rear coil and front strut spacers in my Yukon, so I’m still a newb at this. I know with my coil spacer I needed longer shocks or a shock relocation bracket or I’d be replacing shocks every couple years.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I would love to raise the Jeep and use spacers but it's not currently on my "to do list" just yet but I do love reading aabout them and take great delight with the pictures in my mind of a wee baby Jeep suddenly growing up into something different. More so as it's been paid off a few years ago and is staying with me till the scrapyard takes it. :D:D

There are numerous guys on the forum that have an absolute wealth of knowledge that will readily assist when they view the forum.

IDoMyOwnRacing is legendary with the mechanical side of the Jeep. MrSig is outstanding as any picture of him and his club mates will testify for most mods on the Jeep.

Guys, if I haven't mentioned you do not fret as you are not forgotten but those 2 really stick out for me. :D:D:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts