Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a good friend of mine that has been in the Wrangler family for along time and has a sweet overly modded Wrangler told me that as soon as I get the Renegade I need to have it lifted. I told him there were no real suspension lifts yet but he said that's not what he is talking about. He said for about $100 he can have the spacers made to give it 2 inches then I can add some better tires.

Sorry I only owned 1 other Jeep and that was 10 years ago which I did nothing to. Other than that I usually owned sports cars. My question is does this sound about right? I trust him 100% but he is like me by being mechanically challenged and just would rather pay somebody to do the work...lol

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What he is probably talking about is a body lift which can't be done on a Renegade because it is a unibody design. With a Wrangler the body sits on the frame so you can just add spacers to lift the body but with the Renegade there is no separation between the frame and the body. The only lift kit that I have seen is from G-Force (G-Force Lift Kit) and is only 1". They will be releasing a larger lift but it is not available yet. Being that the 2015 US release was so short it doesn't surprise me that aftermarket parts are hard to find but I'm hoping that things start to get better in the coming months. My initial wish list is probably pretty similar to yours; 2" lift, skid plates, larger tires, tow hooks. I don't plan on doing anything until spring '16 so I'm hoping that there is a lot more available once I am ready.
Thank you dontpanic! That explained a lot for me. Like I said I am a noob to the 4wd world for the most part especially after market upgrades!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Something else that I have seen mentioned a few times too is that you will gain extra ground clearance with larger tires as well.
That was my thinking also, I just got to figure out how big I can go without rubbing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.