Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
I originally intended to lift my Trailhawk. I have found the factory clearance sufficient for most anything I can throw at it. I do have an extra 1/2-3/4" due to a little bigger tire, but the only obstacles I've had to turn around at were due to lack of power. I think once a more aggressive tire is put on, the low powered motor quickly becomes the limiting factor, not clearance.

Be careful with departure angle. Due to the placement of the exhaust path, it is possible to "crimp" the exhaust tube just before the muffler between the chassis and the rear suspension. Luckily it's a quick and inexpensive ($30) repair, but it limits the departure angle to lower than the published specs.

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
404 Posts
I originally intended to lift my Trailhawk. I have found the factory clearance sufficient for most anything I can throw at it. I do have an extra 1/2-3/4" due to a little bigger tire, but the only obstacles I've had to turn around at were due to lack of power. I think once a more aggressive tire is put on, the low powered motor quickly becomes the limiting factor, not clearance.

Be careful with departure angle. Due to the placement of the exhaust path, it is possible to "crimp" the exhaust tube just before the muffler between the chassis and the rear suspension. Luckily it's a quick and inexpensive ($30) repair, but it limits the departure angle to lower than the published specs.
I was just looking under the back of my TH and thought the exhaust pipe looked kinda exposed. Seems to be the lowest-hanging part back there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.