Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

Does the front quarter-panel (fender)'s orange reflector light up at all?

Reason I'm asking is I like to have a lighted orange side marker, especially one that blinks for turns, at about eye level of other cars on my side. The upper trim levels get lighted blinker mirrors and I find that a nice safety feature.

Otherwise, the whole side of the car looks dead, I think, in the dark.

Any night pics?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I haven't seen any video of it lit up but from the looks of it there seems to be a part for the bulb to shine through right in the middle:

If this is not the case you can always consider tapping into the turn signal circuit and adding a bulb appropriate for this use in that area.

BUT i'm 80% sure it's already functional.

I would take it a step further an look into clearing out the marker, or making a clear side marker and then install a switch back LED bulb... for a better look... oh and of course change all lights to LED's :D

switch-back LED example:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I agree that it looks like it would light up. Can't say for sure. Would that be a deal breaker for you? Its such a small detail.
Nah. Not a deal breaker. I just like to have side markers. The corner orange marker looks like it'll light up. I wish Jeep would make the mirror marker standard for all trim as a safety feature.

The Scion that is my current off-roader has the mirror, side, corner, and 'eyebrow' markers that nicely mark where the car is so people know where you are when they're pushing you off off the road.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Here is a night shot, from this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1Zdy3Odj1o

It appears the the turn signals are under the headlight, see the small half moon light in the bumper. The side markers appear to be unlite as do the rear view mirror lights. They must be turn signals only in the mirror lights.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sport utility vehicle Jeep

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Great shot CalTom. Where in the world do you find this stuff?

Here's one that answers a few of my other questions. It appears there are two bulbs for the red tail lights and the "X" are backup lights. I cant figure out what the white insert is for the other lower rear passenger light.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Google!

Here's one that answers a few of my other questions. It appears there are two bulbs for the red tail lights and the "X" are backup lights. I cant figure out what the white insert is for the other lower rear passenger light.
I wonder if the "X" are really the turn signals and the white insert on the lower bumper light is the backup light?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I agree that it looks like it would light up. Can't say for sure.

Would that be a deal breaker for you? Its such a small detail.
I'd be surprised if something like that is a deal breaker for someone, horrible reason to not buy a vehicle. Even if it didn't do anything, it's easy enough to get it functioning without voiding warranty.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I'd be surprised if something like that is a deal breaker for someone, horrible reason to not buy a vehicle. Even if it didn't do anything, it's easy enough to get it functioning without voiding warranty.
That's why I was surprised it was being asked about the way it was. I have never really thought of that is being something that I care enough about to even comment on (until now :p)

I do wish there were some more pictures of the Renegade in the dark with the lights on. I always feel like I'm missing out on pictures like that that show what the lighting looks like.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Looking at the wide shot of the rear I'd say that picture is the European model and the lower right white is the backup light and that and the 'x's are the amber turn signals that are required pretty much everywhere else in the world but the US. The left red in the bumper is probably the bright taillight that indicates when your foglamps are on.

The upper picture could be a US spec model since it doesn't look like there's an amber bulb in the middle of the 'x'. In the US I have a feeling they'll just combo the brake lights as the turn signals and have the backup lights in the center of the X, and eliminate lights below and just put red reflectors in the bumper areas.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
LOL. Well, one of us is taking delivery of a Renegade soon. Maybe they could take some pics for us?

I feel like we're a bunch of teen nerds and one of us just got a girlfriend. "Have you kissed yet? What was it like?

If you don't agree, look at the photo below. Any of the guys talking to the models? Fiat's got to hurry up with the US release.

I wonder if the "X" are really the turn signals and the white insert on the lower bumper light is the backup light?
Yup, Orange turn indicators in the X. Seen it on some vids of it turning. Though the red and orange side markers did not blink. You can almost see some orange reflection in the below photo. The backup has to be down and right. Though some ads mention a rear fog light?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Meh. Just found this on the NA reveal. The sides do light up. Interesting how the white insert is gone on the bumper lights. And now I do wonder where the backup lights are?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They have to be the middle Xs.
It amy come to how each country has different standards. IIRC, The US can have red stop/red blink be the same. Some places need an orange blinker.

I guess we'll find out eventually. At least this give us something to cluck about till release.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Good point about the reverse lights, i have yet to see pictures where the x is lit up, at least with the whole tail light being red and not a part of it in clear for the reverse light we have a cleaner looking rear end.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Good point about the reverse lights, i have yet to see pictures where the x is lit up, at least with the whole tail light being red and not a part of it in clear for the reverse light we have a cleaner looking rear end.
The X is the turn signal. It flashes yellow. The X itself is clear until the yellow bulb flashes.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.