Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dealer just called me:

It is here (Berlin, Germany)!!! :D

My wife will get the plates during the rest of this week and I will take the car on monday from the dealer.
Then I will be able to post pictures and answer questions, if needed.

HAPPY

Limited 1.4l 2WD, dark Windows in the back, Command-View-Roof, Colorado red, heated stearing wheel and front seats, Xenon-lights, keyless-enter

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Awesome! Glad to know it finally arrived.
Just make sure you guys thoroughly inspect it before initially rolling it off the lot, just to ensure you won't be in for any unwanted surprises!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Nice! Enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@tony:
I will be careful!

And I finally could not wait until monday.

I went out of the office very early and took a first look:

It shows only 2km!
It seamed to be build 11.02.2015 and finished at 19:30.
Does some Italien user please translate "ora di stampa"?!
:laugh:

Binding of my Android-Phone (Galaxy S4 mini) was very easy and immediately played my media-music via bluetooth.
Great.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I could not wait until monday.
LOL. I could just see it. Dealer looks out his window and some strange guy is smiling and molesting his inventory. Should have driven it around the lot.

Very happy for you. Nice wheels. Great color too.

Reactions: tony

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Nice. I really like the grill and the overall look of the car.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Congratulations. Very jealous , even more so since you can get the glass roof that will not be offered here in the USA. I would buy one here right away if it had a glass roof. Please do us all a big favor and kindly post lots of pictures of the sunroof from inside and out, opened and closed. Jeep has been very careful not to publish any pictures of your glass roof, just lots of pictures of the My Sky roof they will offer here.

Love to see pictures of the glass open from up top, looking down on the roof with the sunroof open. Also love to see how the roller sun shade works.

But before you take pictures roll down the windows, open the sunroof and take a fun drive in your new car. Again congratulations.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@ALL:
Thanks a lot!

The wheels and the grill are standard in the limited edition. I only changed the tires from summer to all-seasons.

post lots of pictures of the sunroof from inside and out, opened and closed.
I don't understand why the glass Roof will not be sold in USA.
My wife forced me to buy the glas roof and choosed the colour, and I love here for this decisions.
And I will take pictures, sure.

Yesterday:

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
haha nice!
glad to see you went to check up on it
thankfully it seems they're done doing a PDI on it, maybe it's waiting to be cleaned/detailed before being sent off to you?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
haha nice!
thankfully it seems they're done doing a PDI on it, maybe it's waiting to be cleaned/detailed before being sent off to you?
I'm not a native speaker, pls explain "PDI".
Google says something medical: "Pain diability index" and I don't have any pain with the car, only with my back...
:D
The dealer will clean the car but it already has everything it should have, I hope.
:eek:

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'm not a native speaker, pls explain "PDI".
Google says something medical: "Pain diability index" and I don't have any pain with the car, only with my back...
The dealer will clean the car but it already has everything it should have, I hope.
:eek:
It stands for pre-delivery inspection. Hopefully that does not include pain for anybody.;)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
In the U.S.A. the PDI means Post Delivery Inspection (or Pre Delivery Inspection). The receiving dealer takes the car off the transport truck, inspects the car for damage, and prepares it for consumer use. There are a variety of things they do to prep the car.

·
Registered
194 Posts
In the U.S.A. the PDI means Post Delivery Inspection (or Pre Delivery Inspection). The receiving dealer takes the car off the transport truck, inspects the car for damage, and prepares it for consumer use. There are a variety of things they do to prep the car.
Thanks for the correction. I always think of it as pre-customer delivery!

·
Registered
370 Posts
@tony:
I will be careful!
And I finally could not wait until
I went out of the office very early and took a first look:
It shows only 2km!
It seamed to be build 11.02.2015 and finished at 19:30.
Does some Italien user please translate "ora di stampa"?!
Binding of my Android-Phone (Galaxy S4 mini) was very easy and immediately played my media-music via bluetooth.
Great.
Did you pick up your new Renegade today? Send pictures, don't forget to include the sunroof pictures. Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Did you pick up your new Renegade today? Send pictures, don't forget to include the sunroof pictures. Thanks
Yesterday (monday) I got the plates in hometown, and travelled to Berlin at the late evening.
Today I will close my office early (3:00 pm GMT) and go to the dealer for getting the car.

I will take some pictures and post it in the evening. At that time there should be some sunlight left for the opened sunroof...

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Enjoy your new car. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Enjoy your new car. :)
And I did... and forgot to take many pictures, I just enjoyed driving with the opened roof.

Getting it from the dealer:

A very narrow door, but no scratches. Pulled the mirrors tight for trespassing.

Because of the kind of "fly-windshield" opening when sliding the roof back, there is not many wind in the car.

Perfect.

Sorry, I did not take any pictures from inside with the sun-protection slided to closed position. I will post them tomorrow.

Very interesting:
In Europe the use of gasoline is measured by xx litres/100km, not in xx km/litre (or mls/gallon). But this Italian/USA-car shows xx km/litre.
I did not manage to change it in the cars computer.
But you can change from °C to °F and from mls to km.

This shows, it is more american than italian!

One thing went wrong:
I ordered the car with the back seats separated in 40:20:40 and an armrest.
This car is without.
The dealer will try to change this, and hopefully succeeds.
My kids are not amused about this...
:|

·
Registered
370 Posts
And I did... and forgot to take many pictures, I just enjoyed driving with the opened roof.

Getting it from the dealer:

A very narrow door, but no scratches. Pulled the mirrors tight for trespassing.

Because of the kind of "fly-windshield" opening when sliding the roof back, there is not many wind in the car.

Perfect.

Sorry, I did not take any pictures from inside with the sun-protection slided to closed position. I will post them tomorrow.

Very interesting:
In Europe the use of gasoline is measured by xx litres/100km, not in xx km/litre (or mls/gallon). But this Italian/USA-car shows xx km/litre.
I did not manage to change it in the cars computer.
But you can change from °C to °F and from mls to km.

This shows, it is more american than italian!

One thing went wrong:
I ordered the car with the back seats separated in 40:20:40 and an armrest.
This car is without.
The dealer will try to change this, and hopefully succeeds.
My kids are not amused about this...
:|
I agree with your kids. If I get a Renegade then it will have to have the 40/20/40 rear seat. That's the only way to get rear drink holders. Love the look of your sunroof. Thanks for the picture.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just found the possibility to change the display for gasoline-usage:

I had to change in uconnect from "metric" not to "imperial" but to "individual".
Using the "individual" you can change to xx litres/100km.
Reading the manual is (nearly) useless, it's not very detailed.
Morte like a kind of "quick-start"...
0:)

Again happy.

And the sun-roof can be moved to some sort of "spoiler"-position.

I'll take pictures during smoking a cigarette and post it later on.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.