Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Although I always knew I was getting a Trailhawk, I test drove a limited twice since it had the leather seats, and I wanted to make sure those are what I wanted.

The Limited drove quite well. A tiny bit of a "softer" ride than the more stiff Trailhawk. LOVE the 6.5" screen. And, it sat up higher than a Latitude, but lower than a Trailhawk. Had I not wanted the more rugged look of the Trailhawk and the higher ground clearance, I would have gone with the Limited.

Sweet choice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've had my limited for four days now

Hi. I tested a Latitude, Trailhawk, and Limited last week before deciding on the Limited. The Trailhawk was a stiffer ride and 4x4. The others were fwd and I opted for the Limited. Honestly, this was the first dealership (Mall of Georgia CDJ) that has more than one or two Renegades. It was the first one with both a Trailhawk and Limited available. They are offering $3000 off their Renegades in stock until 04/30/15.

For most of my driving, I don't need four wheel drive and the additional weight of the Trailhawk lowers acceleration and mpg. The Limited and Trailhawk were similarly priced; however, the Limited had more optional equipment. It has a nicer interior with power leather(ette) seating. The Trailhawk's interior had more bright accents. The heated seats and heated steering wheel will be nice on cold days. I think the upgraded stereo and navigation unit were also worth the additional cost.

My first drive was through Atlanta and acceleration was adequate. I drove home to Savannah the next day and the Renegade was comfortable. I've had a number of small SUVs (Mazda Tribute, Nissan Pathfinder, Honda Element, and a few Wranglers) and the Renegade is much more entertaining to drive.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My Jeep Renegade Limited was only 20 days old when while at an interstate, we suddenly noticed a burning smell inside the car. As I try to figure out the source, I looked down to the steering wheel and the steering column was smoking really bad. We had to pullover to the shoulder lane and call 911. Fire department came after 15 minutes. When they opened the car door, it was still smoking inside and they took off the battery then the smoking stopped.

Long story short, got a rental right now and the car is still in the service center.
The service center run a diagnostic and could not really say what's wrong with it but they said they ordered a new steering column and an airbag for it. (I do not want that same car anymore!)

We called the 800 number of Chrysler to report the incident since the dealership said they could not do anything about it. The manager of the dealership suggested we try to get Chrysler to do a buy back deal. So far it has been 3 days, but we are really hoping to get a new car. We do not feel safe driving a Renegade anymore. Just glad our baby was not with us when it happened.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.