Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to take me dog out for a ride yesterday and got about half a mile away from home and started to lose power,service engine light flashed up and the motor went in to limp mode. I managed to get back home and called the RAC. Turned out i had three error codes showing,the nice chap(not the first time he,s helped me out) managed to clear two but one is a dealer only code? Anyroad,quick blast round the block and back to normal, off to the dealers on the 27th. Now i love the Renegade(had a Longitude before this) great motor to drive but this is the third time ive had to call the RAC (battery ) in 7months and 12500mls. Gona give it a damn good thrashing.LOL.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I have a 2016 Trailhawk. I have replaced the battery twice already.

This last time, when I replaced the battery, I upgraded to an Optima Battery. I am hoping that the two dealer batteries were garbage (poor quality).

·
Super Moderator
2,964 Posts
I got just over 5 years on my last yellow top in my wrangler. That is what I will put in the BU when its battery dies.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What engine? Which codes? Sorry been layed up for a couple of days.The jeep is back at the dealers now,it broke down again friday and the RAC chap towed it away. The codes were P0304,P1064 and P1471 the motor is the 1.3 turbo petrol.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got the jeep back tonight, needed a software update and thats the most information the chap at the desk could give. We shall see eh!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts