Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to take me dog out for a ride yesterday and got about half a mile away from home and started to lose power,service engine light flashed up and the motor went in to limp mode. I managed to get back home and called the RAC. Turned out i had three error codes showing,the nice chap(not the first time he,s helped me out) managed to clear two but one is a dealer only code? Anyroad,quick blast round the block and back to normal, off to the dealers on the 27th. Now i love the Renegade(had a Longitude before this) great motor to drive but this is the third time ive had to call the RAC (battery ) in 7months and 12500mls. Gona give it a damn good thrashing.LOL.

·
Registered
804 Posts
I have a 2016 Trailhawk. I have replaced the battery twice already.

This last time, when I replaced the battery, I upgraded to an Optima Battery. I am hoping that the two dealer batteries were garbage (poor quality).

·
Super Moderator
3,060 Posts
I got just over 5 years on my last yellow top in my wrangler. That is what I will put in the BU when its battery dies.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What engine? Which codes? Sorry been layed up for a couple of days.The jeep is back at the dealers now,it broke down again friday and the RAC chap towed it away. The codes were P0304,P1064 and P1471 the motor is the 1.3 turbo petrol.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Sylo, I can only imagine that the Receptionist isn't technically minded above the level of answering a phone.

I am of the impression that the codes are related to different aspects of the vehicle from making the engine run to a bulb being out. Perhaps the receptionist was just playing safe and being non committal for fear of giving the wrong answer.

Only 1 software update has my Renegade been given and fingers crossed I am extremely pleased with this car and I am sure you will find that same experience shortly. (y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
378 Posts
Got the jeep back tonight, needed a software update and thats the most information the chap at the desk could give. We shall see eh!
To be fair to your service advisor, if you ever see one of these service bulletins that announces new software as a fix...they descirbe the condition an owner may be concerned about, and provide that there is a software update to fix it. They do not disclose the technical aspects of why the condition existed, or what the software does to alleviate it.

Sort of a "Got a problem? Take a pill!" level of explanation from the auto maker.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The jeep has let me down again,same thing,service engine,no stop-start and a misfire this time. Gona be towed this morning. This is a right pain in the axxxs,its getting that you dont feel comfortable going anywhere. Love this motor but they better get it right this.🤬

·
Registered
443 Posts
Give it to the garage and stick a big banner up, outside the premises. Let it state that your garage is not fulfilling its duties to fix your car.

It has been known in the past that a few photographs onto social media of a local protest attracts the Managing Directors attention. They want the problem fixed before sales dwindle.

Personally I have never ventured to such extremes but I believe Twitter was been used to great effect by others.

Where there is a will there is way. Such a great adage :eek:(y)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well they have had the jeep since monday and say they cant find anything wrong,must have fixed itself when it was on the back of the tow-truck(lol) the service engine light was still on when loaded. Anyway i have asked them to check again(never swore once,honest). Now awaiting a phone call back,i wont hold me breath.:mad:🤬

·
Registered
443 Posts
You may be surprised by how helpful the Dealership can be.

Just when you expect a negative response from them you get the biggest surprise of your life when they tell you exactly what was wrong with the car and that they fixed it under warranty.

Occasionally a UK Dealership will do that. More so when it's noted how many cars they have sold to my family over the years.

Hang in there and be prepared to argue your case. It works. (y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Called them( unity ,oxford) monday, They said they would call back, nothing. Called today, yep you quest it,call me back,nope no call. Sod it im going down there in the morning,time for a face to face. 🤬

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well went to the dealers today,Jeep was parked up outside doing nothing so brought it home. Tec team cannot get it to repeat the problem so have passed it further up the ladder( what ever that means). They will give me a ring when the team from Jeep arrive. So i dont expect to hear from them soon,lets hope for the best eh! At least its on my drive for now.(y)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Another day another problem, first DAB goes missing then an hour later radio freezes completely no volume,no sat nav just a frozen screen. So got it home disconnected the battery,left it for 5 mins,reconnected and hey presto were back on again. Tell you what this motor sure aint boring.:LOL:

·
Registered
443 Posts
It just goes to show how much £££s a dealership makes at £70 labour per hour +VAT and all they do is disconnect your battey as you did.

I am so glad we have this forum and the guys that are willing to share their car issues with resolutions. :love:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts