Jeep Renegade Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I think i may have found the reason why i had problems with the jeep, i have done a fair few miles since the Renegade had a computer update so i put my CB radio back in (plugs in to the cigarette lighter) and what do you know, two days later and the motor starts to miss, ripped the socket out a bit quick and after a mile or so away she goes. No problems since. Anyone want to buy CB. ?;)(y)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Dont want to risk it again but we have had no problems since ,and at the moment we aint doing the miles to keep the battery up.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Breaker Breaker Freddie Laker........... wait one, thats me going back many years when CBs were wired onto the battery directly.

Why break the habit of a lifetime?

That old saying, "If it works don't break it"

Wired directly to the battery I believe will give you the power to use the radio. Modern Jeeps use some kind of voltage drop sensors (I believe) to determine if it wants to start or not.

Your radio, if wired directly to the battery should not draw any power that can be measured through the Jeeps processor.

In really basic terms I hope that suffices.

·
Super Moderator
3,342 Posts
With all the computer stuff you must wire the cb to the battery or the gremlins get ya. Plus cleaner power for the cb.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thanks for the input chaps, will have a look at wiring direct when we are allowed out an about. You all stay safe (y)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts