Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering, did some here installed these little runni boards / sidesteps

I think they look nice, but what is the quality?
(I don’t care that they are not really useful as I mostly stay on road and flat terrain)

·
Super Moderator
4,349 Posts
Who made them?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i don't know, I see them only by one reseller in my country, he doesn't name a brand on his website

·
Premium Member
3,012 Posts
My side boards were identical and looked excellent when installed. Search for my name and you will find the pictures within the forum.

However and this is where it gets worse. They are described as easy to fit and I had to take them to the local garage that I use and even they struggled to fit the steps. Eventually they played around and found a way that was acceptable.

Out and about and as I traversed a single rock to show off in front of my wife we heard a crunching, scraping noise. "No worries" said I. Afterall this was in a grassed off carpark and not off road.

Later on in the garage for my annual MOT (UK test) It was noted that the attachment clips and brackets were all twisted out of shape and the board had split. It was an easy decision to have them removed instantly.

Please, please do not follow in my footsteps but simply forget about installing them even for normal road use.

I should have known better than to buy cheap and then have to buy the real deal at double the cost. No!!! I didn't replace them but it was money wasted in buying them and having the garage install them and then the cost to have them removed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry to hear you haven't a good experience with them, on which topic are the pictures?
(when I search your name, I got more then 25 pages with topics ... )

for me, I only want them for the optical view of the renny, and also I thing they look the best of all I have seen.
(i want something that looks like is was factory built on the rent, no boards hangen under the rent with a gab)

for the problem of the parking, in holland everything is very flat, and I drive it only so I don't see that problem happen very fast.
as for our annual "apk" its only a check on other thing of the vehicle, so even then, it wouldn't be a thing.

so I love to se your pics of it, as its are the only ones I've found looking good to the renny

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pictures of my car… always.
I’m still trying to find the pictures …

un fortunately I can’t search on uploaded pictures only.

·
Premium Member
3,012 Posts
Morph so sorry but I know they were uploaded to the forum.

Never mind they, they proved to be useless and it's all I can do to have you reject them.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I fitted these from EBay . Not the easiest things to fit when you are just using a Jack to give you enough room to squeeze under, plus it was January so it was freezing 🥶.

They sent me the wrong fitting kit so I had to wait a few days for the replacements.

I don’t honestly think the brackets would be strong enough to support to heavy a person constantly stepping on them but to be honest I don’t really use them to get in the Rene.

They are made in Istanbul. Erkul Auto.

·
Premium Member
3,012 Posts
Please do not stand on them. The ones I had were not capable of supporting any weight and were merely for cosmetic looks.

Oh they look fantastic until buckled :LOL::LOL:

But that just gives the look of a "Renegade" that's been used for what it was intended to do and that was to have fun :love::love:

·
Registered
56 Posts
The original brackets they sent were for a Cherokee - 3 for either side and they looked quite substantial.

The Renegade ones only had 2 brackets either side and as I’ve circled on the pic there’s not a lot of meat holding them at the twist.

·
Premium Member
3,012 Posts
I have a spare set kicking around. When I complained that I was missing a couple of brackets they sent me the complete package.

If I can find them you are welcome to them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts