Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Trailhawk looking for where the TCM is on this vehicle. Anyone have some help to find out where this might be? Thank you super much!

·
Registered
680 Posts
Is there a separate transmission control module?
There may be electronics built into the transmission which talk with the engine controls (or everything could be in the engine controller = powertrain controller).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's separate. I love done a lot of tests to rule out that I fried the TCM. I found the part online to purchase. A nice little disconnect and put in a new one. I cannot find where the wires are tracing back to for the TCM though! For the life of me I just can't find its location!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just wanted all those that were looking for the tcm. Here is your fix.
This is based if you have the no shift, hill warning, traction control issue.
This started with a jump start from another vehicle.

After months of assessing this i found the TCM is housed on the transmission. Since getting to this was too tough, I just disconnected the old TCM wiring and found a used TCM online. $45.00. I strapped (tie downs) the new TCM to the engine plugged in the new TCM and then things worked. The only thing you have to do is contact a company that can reprogram the New TCM to your VIN so that the TCM knows which type of vehicle it is and they can reprogram it. They will need to delete the old VIN out of the used TCM.

This worked and I didn't have to shell out $1300. Cost of TCM $45. Cost to reprogram it $200. Pretty easy, but the new TCM is not hidden and down the road someone will see the TCM strapped.

Hope this helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts