Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My grandson has autism and on every journey in my jeep all he does Is open and shut the front passenger window. As he is with me about 4 days a week I worry he will burn out the switch so is there a way to put a lock or disable the switch button

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Obviously the rear windows can be disabled, but I aren't aware of any way to disable the front passenger window. Sorry I can't be more help. What is your grandson like in the rear seats?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He doesn't like being in the back as he cant see where's he's going the seat and the headrest is in the way so when you try and sit him in the back he gets meltdowns. In the front he is calm and behaves but for the opening and closing of the window.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Give him a distraction. Something like how many red Peugeots can you spot, blue Renaults etc. Mix it up each time. If he is busy spotting cars and Jeeps, he is leaving the window switch alone.

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
845 Posts
The owner's manual for my left hand drive Renegade list a separate fuse for each front window. I hesitate to quote from my U.S. manual because it says "driver side" and "passenger side" which is obviously different sides for you and me. Maybe you could track down your fuse diagram and see if pulling a fuse is an option. Good luck.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The owner's manual for my left hand drive Renegade list a separate fuse for each front window. I hesitate to quote from my U.S. manual because it says "driver side" and "passenger side" which is obviously different sides for you and me. Maybe you could track down your fuse diagram and see if pulling a fuse is an option. Good luck.
Thank you I'll ask the mechanic to take the fuse out when my jeep goes in for a recall next month.
I'm not very good with fuses and mecanical things as I always manage to break things

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Probably a stupid question, but how does Ioan communicate?
When he want his food he will point to the kitchen. ice cream he will walk to the freezer and point
You have to guess what he wants , bless him when he is ill he can't tell us what wrong
He is a happy little boy most of the time he just gets frustrated because he can't communicate and when we guess wrongly what he wants
He loves coming to visit us as he get spoilt and he loves going out in the jeep

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.