Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi friends,

I have a problem.

I took my jeep renegade to the dealer in my country "Yemen" to fix it after an accident but now the car didn't run and a luck sign appeared in the dashboard as shown in the attached photo.

Can you help IMG_20200521_211426.jpg

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Renegade, Latitude, 2.4L 4x4, black, 9 speed automatic, MySky
113 Posts
I think I’ve seen that sign somewhere on the forum before. I belive it means that the computer thinks that there was someone trying to break into the car and it shut down. That could’ve been because of the accident. I don’t know for sure though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This sign appeared after the repair and reinstalled the parts. Now the car in the workshop didn't run :(

·
Registered
113 Posts
This sign appeared after the repair and reinstalled the parts. Now the car in the workshop didn't run :(
I found the thread I saw the symbol from

They said at the end of the thread that they couldn’t get it started and had to get it towed to the dealership. But they also say at the end that all the dealership did was charge the battery and everything went back to normal. I hope this helps at least a little bit. Good luck on getting er’ up n’ runnin!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They said at the end of the thread that they couldn’t get it started and had to get it towed to the dealership. But they also say at the end that all the dealership did was charge the battery and everything went back to normal. I hope this helps at least a little bit. Good luck on getting er’ up n’ runnin
I found the thread I saw the symbol from

They said at the end of the thread that they couldn’t get it started and had to get it towed to the dealership. But they also say at the end that all the dealership did was charge the battery and everything went back to normal. I hope this helps at least a little bit. Good luck on getting er’ up n’ runnin!
Dear,

Can you elaborate more? I didn't understand you

·
Registered
113 Posts
Of course. Someone with the same problem as you said they took it to the dealer. All the dealer did was recharge the battery and it was back to normal. You can try doing that before taking it to the dealer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Of course. Someone with the same problem as you said they took it to the dealer. All the dealer did was recharge the battery and it was back to normal. You can try doing that before taking it to the dealer.
I see.
It's already with the dealer, but I'll tell them to do so.
I hope it works I am really disappointed because I didn't even drive it :(

·
Registered
113 Posts
I see.
It's already with the dealer, but I'll tell them to do so.
I hope it works I am really disappointed because I didn't even drive it :(
Don’t you worry at all. It should be a simple and quick fix. When it’s back you’ll be driving it plenty ;)

·
Registered
985 Posts
This is an excerpt from page 55 of the Jeep Renegade manual:

SENTRY KEY FAILURE / BREAK-IN ATTEMPT

Sentry Key System Failure

The symbol switches on to report a failure of the Sentry Key System. Contact a Jeep Dealership as soon as possible.

Break-in Attempt

The symbol switches on when the ignition device is moved to MAR position, along with the displaying of a dedicated message, to report about a possible break-in attempt detected by the alarm system

·
Registered
209 Posts
Had the lock sign on mine when i first got it, it was something to do with using the key to open the door. It went away after a couple of days and did not stop the motor starting.

·
Registered
209 Posts
The chap at the dealership did it before handover, asked me to pop back in a couple of weeks if it was still lit (the lock sign). Anyway like i said it went off after a couple of days.I did have it light up again once after locking the door with the key because the dog will set the alarm off if she is in the Jeep with the alarm on.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I too had a salesman do the same.

He started the car as I looked underneath. 15 minutes later at the petrol station I couldn't get the thing started. It had a dodgy ignition barrel and the frecker though the could get away with selling me a knackered car.

He soon arrived and showed me how to start it. Ignition barrel was replaced the next day. never trust Lomond Motors in Dumbarton, Scotland. (No, I don't stay there :D)

·
Registered
985 Posts
I did have it light up again once after locking the door with the key because the dog will set the alarm off if she is in the Jeep with the alarm on.
Page 11 of the manual, Disabling The Alarm:

To completely deactivate the alarm (e.g. during a long period of vehicle inactivity) close the doors by turning the metal insert of the key with remote control in the door.

Sylo, I can only presume this is what you already do with the dog in the car perhaps if you are at the shops etc. As this is a normal function reason there should be no reason for the alarm to fail you. Sadly it looks like another piece of the Jeep enigma puzzle. :cry:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts