Jeep Renegade Forum banner

181 - 187 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Got real concerned when thinking of what the results could be if I had been in a crash and had to get my cids out of the car..... Scary. Considering changing car brand and NEVER bying a Jeep again!
During my time with the Fire and Rescue Service (30 years) and as an instructor in Road Traffic Accidents I was taught that a safety feature in modern cars automatically disengages all door locks upon any impact.

I hope that restores your faith in one aspect of your Jeep. (y)

·
Registered
1 Posts
For clarification, the lock issue has affected the following:
  • Key remote unlock/lock not working (though it does send the honk signal for locking)
  • Door lock/unlock buttons not working (you have to manually flip the switch for each door)
  • Locks to not automatically engage when driving (safety issue here as I have kids)
  • The trunk; however, is not affected and locks/unlocks with the key remote (not sure if the door lock buttons do the same).

These exact things are happening with my 2020 Renegade/7200miles. Only happens after I drive for a while and park, doesn’t happen if I go test the locks or just enter the car and re-lock it without driving and moving the car. So frustrating. :mad:

·
Registered
6 Posts
For clarification, the lock issue has affected the following:

• Key remote unlock/lock not working (though it does send the honk signal for locking)
    • Door lock/unlock buttons not working (you have to manually flip the switch for each door)
    • Locks to not automatically engage when driving (safety issue here as I have kids)
    • The trunk; however, is not affected and locks/unlocks with the key remote (not sure if the door lock buttons do the same).

These exact things are happening with my 2020 Renegade/7200miles. Only happens after I drive for a while and park, doesn’t happen if I go test the locks or just enter the car and re-lock it without driving and moving the car. So frustrating. :mad:
exactly my 2019 and 70K problem...you don't know when it will stop locking!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any one?

My car has been at the workshop for a week now and yesterday they told me that they have to keep it for at least one more week. But they haven't looked at the looks yet. Only at the issue about the engine idle. And that it spontaneously stops while driving. And mysteriously goes in to emergency drive.

A new car that I can't drive. Nice... I'm so sad and frustrated about all this. 23 500$ out of the window. Don't know what to do...

What would you do? Please. I would be glad fore some suggestions.
:oops:not good, stops while driving!!? That could be very dangerous!

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Hiker Girl there is a law know as the Lemon Law that perhaps any of our regular consultants can comment upon to assist you?

181 - 187 of 187 Posts