Jeep Renegade Forum banner

141 - 160 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well after three visits to the dealership (three attempts to fix my popping door locks) it seems that my problems are now over. My dealer had to take the passenger rear door apart and oil and straighten a mechanical cable. Between all of the software updates and finally the dealer fixing the bent cable and oiling it I am nearly three months free of any door lock problem. For those of you who have this problem.....it can be fixed. Don't...Give....Up... !

·
Registered
13 Posts
The doors not locking has now hit our Renegade. Luckily, it was caught in time before it was burglarized. To those that had the misfortune, I can't imagine how upset you were/are. Jeep definitely needs to own up to this.

For now, we have no time to hit up a dealership just yet, but soon. We have a busy schedule. From what I'm gathering, its just a software update, so it won't take long?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also have a Renegade TrRailhawk. I'm at 1600 miles and have the same issue. Fob stopped working, but so did the actual internal electronic door locks. Right now the fob ONLY unlocks the rear cargo door.

I will try what others have done and disconnect the battery before taking it to the dealership.

Is everyone who has had this problem routinely keep their fob in their pocket?? I"m wondering if the "holding" of the button for a period of time is the culprit and deactivating it? The fob was in my pocket while I was in a 4 hour meeting the day mine stopped working and within fob "shooting" distance of my jeep. I'm wondering if while in my pocket, the fob button was being pushed down?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Unhooking battery worked for me!

I also have a Renegade TrRailhawk. I'm at 1600 miles and have the same issue. Fob stopped working, but so did the actual internal electronic door locks. Right now the fob ONLY unlocks the rear cargo door.

I will try what others have done and disconnect the battery before taking it to the dealership.

Is everyone who has had this problem routinely keep their fob in their pocket?? I"m wondering if the "holding" of the button for a period of time is the culprit and deactivating it? The fob was in my pocket while I was in a 4 hour meeting the day mine stopped working and within fob "shooting" distance of my jeep. I'm wondering if while in my pocket, the fob button was being pushed down?
The battery disconnect DID work for me. I am going to be more careful with the fob in case the buttons are being pushed inadvertently while in my pocket and hopefully won't have this problem again!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I magically had this issue after I took mine to the dealer for its first oil change. It just happened to be a quick software glitch that the dealers CANNOT proactively fix; they can only update it and remedy the issue as it happens.

It's been about a week since I've had the issue and had the software updated, and we're good as new!

·
Registered
13 Posts
The doors not locking has now hit our Renegade. Luckily, it was caught in time before it was burglarized. To those that had the misfortune, I can't imagine how upset you were/are. Jeep definitely needs to own up to this.

For now, we have no time to hit up a dealership just yet, but soon. We have a busy schedule. From what I'm gathering, its just a software update, so it won't take long?
Made the appointment a few days ago to get the Renegade looked at and updated. Dealership said it would take a couple hours, but in fact, it took 5 hours. The Renegade went through 7 software updates. Locks are working perfectly now. Apparently, there is a massive recall on vehicles and this is one of the issues. What I don't understand is why the information is not getting out there. These are new vehicles, why are we not being informed sooner? Why did I have to run into the issue before knowing there was a door lock 'bug'? Just not cool.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
A few weeks back I unlocked the doors and only the driver door would unlock. I pushed the button twice to unlock passenger doors and nothing happened. I tried to lock them and nothing happened at all. The fob was basically dead. Drove to the dealer and they did a software update and all is now fine.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My TH just experienced this yesterday. I disconnected the battery and that seemed to fix the problem. Going back to the dealership.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looks like the issue has come back. This is the 2nd time the dealership will have to look into this issue for me. I was just in for an oil change and no updates were needed. I am not sure what is going on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Seems the issue has hit the media.

Jeep flaw turns new vehicle owner into crime victim (Jeep Renegade)

TS
its about time, its unbelievable jeep hasn't recalled all the renegades for this. i just talked to our building manager at work after seeing him in the parking lot with a brand new renegade. he's two days into ownership and his locks failed! i informed him its a widespread issue.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I bought my car brand new in May 2015 and within 4 weeks, the locks stopped working. I took it to the dealership and they had it for an entire day and said that the dashboard computer needed to be replaced. Now here it is six months later my (censor) locks don't work AGAIN!!! One more time this becomes an official lemon car issue.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Can't lock or unlock

So I went out to dinner and locked the doors. When we came back to the jeep the doors will not unlock. If I hit the key fob the lights come on or if I hit lock the horn will beep but nothing happens to the locks. Also if I hit the button inside on the door nothing happens either. Has this happened to anyone. If so what is the fix.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
There is a TSB that could be related to this concern for anyone that's still experiencing lock issues.

TSB 23-030-15

SUBJECT:
Door Noises And/Or Door Functions Inoperative

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves inspecting all mechanical and electrical functions of all doors.

MODELS:
2015 (BU) Jeep Renegade

NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles within the following markets/countries: NAFTA, LATAM

NOTE: This bulletin applies to vehicles built on or before February 24, 2015 (MDH 0224XX).

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:
The customer may describe noises coming from one or more of the doors and/or loss of functionality to one or more of the door handles, locks, windows, lamps, and mirrors.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had the lock issue at 400 miles on my new '15 Latitude. The battery disconnect temp fix worked. Will bring to dealer for the software update. Thanks for the info everyone! It sucked having to lock & unlock the doors the old school way! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had my TH 4 three weeks and the locks stopped working. Was about to take it to the shop when I read this post. Unplugged the battery for 10 minutes. Worked perfect. Thanks for the post.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm in the research phase of Renegade shopping and these gremlins should not be occurring in 2015!!!

I'm sorry for everyone's frustrations but it's not acceptable for customers to disconnect batteries on brand new cars.

FCA are you listening???

141 - 160 of 187 Posts