Jeep Renegade Forum banner

161 - 180 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Burglarized Jeep!

I only realized that my locks were not working after I had two pairs of sunglasses stolen over 2 days. I thought I misplaced a pair, so I replaced them with a new pair. And bam, my 2015 Jeep Renegade was burglarized twice in 2 days. I made a police report and swore that my jeep was locked because I always click the fob and hear the beep. Someone at work suggested I check my locks. Sure enough! They were not working. It took the dealer over 3 weeks to fix this due to delayed parts. Then when they uploaded the system, the ABS and BCM modules went out and had to be replaced. I am very worried about safety now.

·
Registered
221 Posts
This just happened to me. Car is over a year old, 15k miles. Beeps when the fob lock is pressed but the doors don't actually lock. If I open the door the alarm sounds. Going to try the battery disconnect. Getting seriously sick of all this small stuff.

·
Registered
221 Posts
UPDATE: disconnecting the battery worked, for now. I love this car, otherwise I wouldn't put up with the issues, but I think I'm reaching my end. I just don't trust it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
UPDATE: disconnecting the battery worked, for now. I love this car, otherwise I wouldn't put up with the issues, but I think I'm reaching my end. I just don't trust it.
I had the same issue with the locks. There are a few TSBs that will take care of some issues. Once the dealer plugs your car into their computer the TSBs should come up but if not I have attached the service record with the TSBs that were updated.

Good Luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Constant door lock issues

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum and this is my first post so bear with me. My wife bought a new trailhawk about six months ago and it's been great up until around April. We came back from vacation and the car was dead. Couldn't even jump it off with my truck. I've never had that issue with any vehicle. Oh well, it's under warranty. We get it towed to the dealer and they said it needed a software update and a new battery. Problem fixed. Now, to present day. The jeeps lock and unlock buttons in the key fob and in the door don't work. It runs and drives fine though. We go to the dealer again this morning and they said it needs a software update, and when the warranty goes out, we'll have to pay for the out of pocket. Wtf. Don't think so. Sounds like a pos issue the dealer is just putting a band aid on until the jeep is out of warranty. I see this is a common issue, but other people's problems seem to only have happened once, and haven't returned yet, but ours has had it happen twice in three months. What gives? Did we get a lemon? I'm about to go pick it up and get documentation on the issue so we can have a paper trail.

Anyone have more than one door lock problem?

·
Registered
140 Posts
once for me, couple days ago. i have the keyless System. grabbed ed handle and nothing, buttons on both key fobs did nothing. used emergency key which set off alarm.button wouldnt start. had to use the dead battery procedure of pressing fob agsinst button. this worked. once started dash kept displaying fob has left area. tried turning car off and same thing, nothing worked. drove home and now everything works fine?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just picked it up from the dealer and they said it just needed an update. She said and I quote "when you bring it in for an oil change, we'll check it for updates." Lol great service

·
Registered
285 Posts
once for me, couple days ago. i have the keyless System. grabbed ed handle and nothing, buttons on both key fobs did nothing. used emergency key which set off alarm.button wouldnt start. had to use the dead battery procedure of pressing fob agsinst button. this worked. once started dash kept displaying fob has left area. tried turning car off and same thing, nothing worked. drove home and now everything works fine?
Dead/weak battery in the key fob maybe?

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is still an issue. Has happened 3 times to me so far. So far no permanent, valid solution.
Dealer says they never heard of the problem. Yeah, ok.

Anyway . . .

·
Registered
18 Posts
Door Locks stopped working again

I have had my 2015 trailhawk for a little over a year. Since then the door locks have stopped working twice. The shifter also broke. The car is currently at the dealership now for the door lock problem again. Last time the door locks stopped working the car wouldn't start either. Anyone else have door lock problems.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Found this in my mopar page re Campaign
"Status incomplete Campaign date August 04, 2016
FCA Campaign #R73
Reprogram Both Door Node Modules
Campaign Status
INCOMPLETE BUT REPAIR PARTS ARE AVAILABLE
September 23, 2016"

I have no idea what this means though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Update/Clarification (since I can't figure out how to edit a post)

I am still waiting on the dealer to setup an appointment time to have my locks reprogrammed. I called yesterday, but haven't yet heard back. In the meantime, I wanted to see if disconnecting the battery works and it does (kind of). I disconnected the negative from the battery, as the positive seems a little more involved. It did allow the locks to start working; however, once I locked and unlocked the vehicle 2 times each way, it stopped working. I repeated the process and same result. The final time I did it only once to confirm, turned it on for a bit and now letting it sit, thinking maybe that is the magic part.

For clarification, the lock issue has affected the following:
- Key remote unlock/lock not working (though it does send the honk signal for locking)
- Door lock/unlock buttons not working (you have to manually flip the switch for each door)
- Locks to not automatically engage when driving (safety issue here as I have kids)
- The trunk; however, is not affected and locks/unlocks with the key remote (not sure if the door lock buttons do the same).
I have exactly the same problems with my 2015 Limited Renegade. Yesterday I could not open any doors, not even from the inside except the drivers door that I had to use the real door key to open/lock.

Got real concerned when thinking of what the results could be if I had been in a crash and had to get my cids out of the car..... Scary. Considering changing car brand and NEVER bying a Jeep again!

Any one know if JEEP found the reason to this problem? Is there a solution? Or do I have to sell the car?

I've had so many electronic problems now though it only has run for 20000km

Desepointed Renegade owner.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Any one?

My car has been at the workshop for a week now and yesterday they told me that they have to keep it for at least one more week. But they haven't looked at the looks yet. Only at the issue about the engine idle. And that it spontaneously stops while driving. And mysteriously goes in to emergency drive.

A new car that I can't drive. Nice... I'm so sad and frustrated about all this. 23 500$ out of the window. Don't know what to do...

What would you do? Please. I would be glad fore some suggestions.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
First time today, the Sport's door locks would not respond to either remotes or any door toggle switch. Headlights and tail lights came on per usual. Got in via the driver door key lock and had to manage each door lock manually. Ugh. Just like in the old days.

In retrospect, I think I hit the remote unlock a dozen times over five seconds. Wifey was getting on my nerves headed out the door.

Resolved be removing the neg battery connect for thirty minutes. Made sure each door lock was the same direction before reconnect so as to not confuse during testing. After reconnect, all was synced and locks work fine.

:)

Reactions: hikergirl

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 4 year old got stuck in my 2016 Trailhawk Renegade yesterday due to a lock malfunction. Had to bust the windows. Called the dealership and told them to come get it; I don't want it anymore.

161 - 180 of 187 Posts