Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one live in the area? I am a new jeep owner, and wanna try my hand at some casual offroading and gradually work my way up. Anyone out there able to recommend somewhere to go where I can legally drive offroad?? laws seem to be very strict here.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Any one live in the area? I am a new jeep owner, and wanna try my hand at some casual offroading and gradually work my way up. Anyone out there able to recommend somewhere to go where I can legally drive offroad?? laws seem to be very strict here.
not really unless you go east bound on ocean parkway and just drive onto the beaches..

·
Registered
22 Posts
No off road spots on LI. You could get a beach access pass for gilgo, sore thumb and democrat point . The permit is a yearly permit and you need a NYS empire pass to buy one. Also need a list of mandatory equipment. I'll try to find the page and link it here

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you guys so much this was helpful. I'll definitely be getting a beach pass. As for the more legitimate offroading, it'll have to wait until it gets warmer but I have a very close friend with a house upstate, and we always go up there in the summer, so we could screw around with it then I guess. I don't mind heading eastbound, but I live in southern Nassau, so east is on the far side.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey I'm a big guy with a black trailhawk as well... Though I just shaved. Thanks for the info, kinda sucks that theres no place to just park on the beach and chill/swim instead need to be fishing or surfing etc.

On a side note, I am interested in possibly picking up the daystar lift and the hitch. Do any of you know a good shop that would do the installs? I am not mechanical whatsoever.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well you can go to sore thumb or democrat point but you need to have a fishing pole for each person over 12. Nothin states you need to actually fish ? Just makes sure you air down, and have all the suggested equipment.
We should get a Long Island renegade meet organized

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well you can go to sore thumb or democrat point but you need to have a fishing pole for each person over 12. Nothin states you need to actually fish ? Just makes sure you air down, and have all the suggested equipment.
We should get a Long Island renegade meet organized

I would be interested in that.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey I'm a big guy with a black trailhawk as well... Though I just shaved. Thanks for the info, kinda sucks that theres no place to just park on the beach and chill/swim instead need to be fishing or surfing etc.

On a side note, I am interested in possibly picking up the daystar lift and the hitch. Do any of you know a good shop that would do the installs? I am not mechanical whatsoever.

Thanks in advance!
In my previous cars, I always used Speedworld for aftermarket installs. I donno if they do this stuff with Jeeps though, my experience with them has been with a Dodge Charger.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/speedworld-baldwin

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.