Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Tamara from Atlanta here. This is my first Jeep purchase & I'm loving the Renegade. Special thanks to everyone here & across the pond who posted their experience and research regarding the Renegade & Jeep/Fiat products. It certainly helped in my decision making process.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hello!

Tamara from Atlanta here. This is my first Jeep purchase & I'm loving the Renegade. Special thanks to everyone here & across the pond who posted their experience and research regarding the Renegade & Jeep/Fiat products. It certainly helped in my decision making process.
No Problem Babe ... may the Force always be with you ... :x;):D>:D

hope you got the right colour ... alpine white ... what else ...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hello!

I COMPLETELY and whole heartedly second this statement. This, too, will be my first Jeep...once I can get the right color in....dagnabit. We females love ANY advice and insights we can get from trustworthy peeps....not just from those trying to actually sell to us. Been reading this forum since last summer, helping me learn everything I could about the Renegades. Fingers crossed they help make me an owner sooner rather than months later.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I COMPLETELY and whole heartedly second this statement. This, too, will be my first Jeep...once I can get the right color in....dagnabit. We females love ANY advice and insights we can get from trustworthy peeps....not just from those trying to actually sell to us. Been reading this forum since last summer, helping me learn everything I could about the Renegades. Fingers crossed they help make me an owner sooner rather than months later.
When I visited dealers I ended knowing way more about the car than they did. That was a great feeling. It also helped to research local prices. I found out that one dealer was selling the exact same trim level and options for $900 less than MSRP. I used that to get another dealer to drop the price on the color I wanted. I ended up negotiating down to $1400 off and shaved 3.5% points off of the interest rate.

Don't be afraid to walk away is something doesnt smell right. I even ended up calling my dad and several other folks in the car dealership industry to give me straight answers and advice through the process. At the end of the process the sales manager was calling me the Infamous Tamara ; ) I got what wanted at the right price without being walked all over because of being a woman in unfamiliar territory.

Good luck and do what's best for you! Don't let the sales pressure talk you into anything you don't 100% want or aren't comfortable with.

·
Registered
125 Posts
When I visited dealers I ended knowing way more about the car than they did. That was a great feeling. It also helped to research local prices. I found out that one dealer was selling the exact same trim level and options for $900 less than MSRP. I used that to get another dealer to drop the price on the color I wanted. I ended up negotiating down to $1400 off and shaved 3.5% points off of the interest rate.

Don't be afraid to walk away is something doesnt smell right. I even ended up calling my dad and several other folks in the car dealership industry to give me straight answers and advice through the process. At the end of the process the sales manager was calling me the Infamous Tamara ; ) I got what wanted at the right price without being walked all over because of being a woman in unfamiliar territory.

Good luck and do what's best for you! Don't let the sales pressure talk you into anything you don't 100% want or aren't comfortable with.
Good for you, information is power and this forum is brilliant, I was cruising on this site before I made the decision to order, which is a white limited 1.4 with panoramic roof and white leather interior with 6speed box, ! So looking forward to getting it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.