Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Renegade Latitude 4x4 Black
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking at an after market exhaust for my 2015 renegade lat 4x4. i have found a few that i like, but there is one that i cant seem to be able to find sound clips on, the Mopar Performance Cat Back. does anyone have this exhaust? Do you like it? Can you post a sound clip?

·
Super Moderator
3,460 Posts
Go custom like I did. Sorry no sound clip but you can pick as loud or quiet as you like.
A local shop Madd Hadder muffler did ours. New Exhaust System with 2 12" x 2.5" cherry bomb types of mufflers. One up near the resonator the other at the rear of the Jeep.
He dose our wranglers cat back too.
Go to post # 9 to see it. Click to go to post # 9

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i had a feeling that would be the case. Not much out there for us yet is there. lol. But right now i am concentrating on fixing my fuel fill issue, many others seem to have it. It'll be a few months before i start with performance and looks. So far, other than that one issue i love the Renegade.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
right now i am concentrating on fixing my fuel fill issue, many others seem to have it.
Right now I am viewing topics with no questions. I wonder why that is? Are new members scared to open a topic and ask a question?

No of course they are not scared to ask. Of course they have searched the forum and other forums for a similar answer to their question.

Perhaps Sholuck will post a question as opposed to a thought? :unsure::whistle:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did ask a question. My original post has at least 3 questions in it on the exhaust. I can find sound clips from all the other exhausts, except the Mopar performance exhaust.

My fuel fill issues on the other hand, I have searched the forum and other forums looking for an actual fix, I didnt find any solutions. This post wasnt about that, I just made a statement on what I am focusing on while I search for parts and mods that fit my future build.

·
Registered
174 Posts
What I did was go to my muffler shop, this shop is fantastic and had them cut out my resonator, straight pipe to oem muffler.
My original plan was to cut out both but the shop talked me out of it.
My sound definitely changed but it was subtle, maybe more than subtle.
I love it. I do wish it was a little more throaty .
I did my homework, watch several videos on YouTube, Renny owners that cut out one or both.
I felt the cut out of both was just to loud with that backfire sound. Too much.
I also watched videos where they installed performance exhausts from Madness etc.
That sound I did not want, sounds like a bee stuck in a plastic milk jug. Rice burner stuff. No thanks
Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What I did was go to my muffler shop, this shop is fantastic and had them cut out my resonator, straight pipe to oem muffler.
My original plan was to cut out both but the shop talked me out of it.
My sound definitely changed but it was subtle, maybe more than subtle.
I love it. I do wish it was a little more throaty .
I did my homework, watch several videos on YouTube, Renny owners that cut out one or both.
I felt the cut out of both was just to loud with that backfire sound. Too much.
I also watched videos where they installed performance exhausts from Madness etc.
That sound I did not want, sounds like a bee stuck in a plastic milk jug. Rice burner stuff. No thanks
Hope this helps

Yeah, getting a deep throaty sound from an i4 is difficult in my experience. I dont actually mind the madness shown exhausts. I'm thinking on getting one of those, or the Magnaflow cat back. I think they both have resonators on them, if you remove those it may sound better.....maybe not. Though a full custom exhaust would be really nice, since I can choose whatever muffler I want. I have at least a few months to decide and save up the money. I mean 300- 900 dollars is still a lot for a full system. Whereas a custom system would in theory be cheaper, depending on if I use an exhaust shop or my own welder.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@jamieyou wouldn't happen to know the stock pipe size do you? The ID/OD. I want to go larger, but not over 2.5ish. I wish aftermarket headers existed too, I cant find **** for headers.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yeah, getting a deep throaty sound from an i4 is difficult in my experience. I dont actually mind the madness shown exhausts. I'm thinking on getting one of those, or the Magnaflow cat back. I think they both have resonators on them, if you remove those it may sound better.....maybe not. Though a full custom exhaust would be really nice, since I can choose whatever muffler I want. I have at least a few months to decide and save up the money. I mean 300- 900 dollars is still a lot for a full system. Whereas a custom system would in theory be cheaper, depending on if I use an exhaust shop or my own welder.
Why don’t you just for now cut out the resonator like I did. They charged me $30 bucks. Just don’t have elevated expectations. There is a definable difference.

·
Registered
174 Posts
@jamieyou wouldn't happen to know the stock pipe size do you? The ID/OD. I want to go larger, but not over 2.5ish. I wish aftermarket headers existed too, I cant find **** for headers.
I wanna say it's 2.5 but could it be different for engine sizes. I have the 2.4 litre

·
Registered
174 Posts
Does anyone know if you put a performance exhaust tip will that open up the sound more?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have the same engine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does anyone know if you put a performance exhaust tip will that open up the sound more?

I did this on my 87 supra years ago after building a flow master 40 series system. Ended up sounding like a v8 without to "tip" according to the complements I received. It did alter the sound a tiny bit, but not really noticable unless at low rpm. Probably be the same for a 4 cylinder vs. A straight 6. But I could be wrong.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have the same engine.
I have the 75th anniversary. I've done a lot of mods. I'm proud of the decisions I've made. I think I have the best looking Renny I've seen.
I have people comment and ask to take pictures.
It's cool
My only chagrin is not being able to put on fatter tires. You can't with 18" rims and I cannot validate the money spending on 16"

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have the 75th anniversary. I've done a lot of mods. I'm proud of the decisions I've made. I think I have the best looking Renny I've seen.
I have people comment and ask to take pictures.
It's cool
My only chagrin is not being able to put on fatter tires. You can't with 18" rims and I cannot validate the money spending on 16"

Yeah, I have 18s too. Probably next year before I remedy that. And I'll probably just get a separate set of wheels for my off road tires, since I work at disney and drive 100 miles round trip to and from work. Off road tires just wouldn't be practical on the interstate imho

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yeah, I have 18s too. Probably next year before I remedy that. And I'll probably just get a separate set of wheels for my off road tires, since I work at disney and drive 100 miles round trip to and from work. Off road tires just wouldn't be practical on the interstate imho
There just aren't many 225/55r/18 options. I just put on the AT Yoko Geolanders and I love them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was looking at those. Nice aggressive yet modest tread.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good to know. I've been seeing people talking about the BF tires, and Pirelli.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts