Jeep Renegade Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Jeep Renegade Latitude 4x4 Black
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Do you happen to know the inlet and outlet diameter for our stock muffler? I was just looking at performance mufflers on Car is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Unfortunately no. I've been looking. I'll take my calipers out and check in the morning. Too dark right now.:alien:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Magnaflow actually has two Renegade systems one for the standard models and one for a he trailhawk. I just installed that one on my 500X. I wanted the 2.5” piping since mines a 1.4. Not sure how it sounds on the 2.4 but so far I like it on mine. I just wanted more flow for the turbo without drone. There’s a place online called hotexhaust that will email you a 20% coupon. I got it for $544 shipped and tax free since they’re in Canada. Then I had a local fab shop build a B pipe and, tuck the magnaflow pipe a little better and punch the OE tip out to 2.5” and hang it instead of the giant round one on the kit. That ran me close to another $500. Next I’ll either have them open up the 1.8” flange in the OE downpipe/cat or buy a hi flow ATP piece.
I’m picky but the magnaflow stuff is hard to beat. Obviously Bubbas corner muffler shop can scrap your factory stainless and crush bend some mild or aluminized steel and stick it together on cheap but I was only willing to improve not go backwards.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Magnaflow actually has two Renegade systems one for the standard models and one for a he trailhawk. I just installed that one on my 500X. I wanted the 2.5” piping since mines a 1.4. Not sure how it sounds on the 2.4 but so far I like it on mine. I just wanted more flow for the turbo without drone. There’s a place online called hotexhaust that will email you a 20% coupon. I got it for $544 shipped and tax free since they’re in Canada. Then I had a local fab shop build a B pipe and, tuck the magnaflow pipe a little better and punch the OE tip out to 2.5” and hang it instead of the giant round one on the kit. That ran me close to another $500. Next I’ll either have them open up the 1.8” flange in the OE downpipe/cat or buy a hi flow ATP piece.
I’m picky but the magnaflow stuff is hard to beat. Obviously Bubbas corner muffler shop can scrap your factory stainless and crush bend some mild or aluminized steel and stick it together on cheap but I was only willing to improve not go backwards.
I have the magnaflow 19324 on my sport 1.4 and a catless down pipe.I love how it sounds and it isnt that loud at all until you step on it. Why did you have the B-pipe redone isnt it already 2.5"?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the magnaflow 19324 on my sport 1.4 and a catless down pipe.I love how it sounds and it isnt that loud at all until you step on it. Why did you have the B-pipe redone isnt it already 2.5"?
No. The B is the section from the downpipe to just before the resonator. It’s like 2.1”ish. My goal is 2.5“ everywhere.

Do you have any video or Sound clips of yours? I’m really on the fence on coughing the money for a ATP hi flow and being done.

·
Registered
13 Posts
No. The B is the section from the downpipe to just before the resonator. It’s like 2.1”ish. My goal is 2.5“ everywhere.

Do you have any video or Sound clips of yours? I’m really on the fence on coughing the money for a ATP hi flow and being done.
I see. I just assumed it was 2.5" since it bolts up to the 3" to 2.5 " downpipe. Guess thats going to be my next mod. Wonder why none of the vendors are making the B-pipe? Is it also the same as the dart? As for a sound clip or video, not at the moment . I will try to get a clip for you in a little bit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I see. I just assumed it was 2.5" since it bolts up to the 3" to 2.5 " downpipe. Guess thats going to be my next mod. Wonder why none of the vendors are making the B-pipe? Is it also the same as the dart? As for a sound clip or video, not at the moment . I will try to get a clip for you in a little bit.
Wish I could get better audio. The iphone doesn't do it justice.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts