Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I have a TH with the factory tint on the rear windows and was looking at tinting the fronts 35% (Legal limit in MD).

Does anyone know what the percent of the rear factory tint?
Does Anyone have pics of 35% on the fronts with factory tint on the backs?
Does Anyone have pics of 20% on the fronts with factory tint on the backs?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Does Anyone have pics of 35% on the fronts with factory tint on the backs?

I don't know how much this will help because it's overcast today, but I had 35% done in the front and it pretty well matches the factory rear (although illegal in Illinois).

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
36 Posts
Awesome, thanks for the pics! Do you happen to know the brand of tint? I know alot of the local shops around me offer these...
I believe the brand is Formula One. And I just went with the basic level instead of paying an arm and a leg for the ceramic tinting because I don't live in a desert or anything. It has worked out well for me so far and I believe it has a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm actually curious to know what the standard tint levels are as well. I also live in Maryland, and although I will be waiting until after winter hits, I was thinking about tinting my windows more. Since they came pre tinted from the factory, is there any problem with going over it, or does the shop have to remove the existing tint? This would be my first time doing this, so I apologize for the stupid questions and thread hijacking.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just had my tint done last week. I had legal limit done in NC which is 35%. My tint guy metered the back windows to see what percentage they are. It metered at 27%. What a lot of people do not know. If your interior is very dark it will make your windows look darker. A perfect example is my mustang. Its black on black. On overcast days I had a friends tell me they could not see in my car. The tint on my mustang is legal as well. I will put some pictures up later.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just had my tint done last week. I had legal limit done in NC which is 35%. My tint guy metered the back windows to see what percentage they are. It metered at 27%. What a lot of people do not know. If your interior is very dark it will make your windows look darker. A perfect example is my mustang. Its black on black. On overcast days I had a friends tell me they could not see in my car. The tint on my mustang is legal as well. I will put some pictures up later.
Thank you so much for the info! I look forward to the pics!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Were you able to get any pics of the tint on your renegade?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I went to Abt in Glenview outside of Chicago. I wanted to go as dark as the rears but the closest they could do was 34%. Viper was the brand. To me it's noticeably lighter but not drastically.
The next lowest tint they offered was 20%
Perfect this is what I needed to see. Looks like im going 35%. its hard to tell the difference for me(at least from the pictures). Thanks for post!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey rjl9, just wanted to show you the tint on my Renegade. My Renegade came without factory tint so I put 20% all around with a 5% sunstrip. I think the factory tint on most cars is closer to 20% than 35%. I have always put 20% on all my vehicles because in my opinion 35% is a still a little too light.

Remember, the percentage you purchase is the percentage of light you are allowing inside of the vehicle. So, if you purchase 20% you are allowing 20% of the outside light into the cabin.

Sorry, I took these pictures with my Renegade in the shade but you can still get the idea. The second picture is of my 20% passenger window in contrast with my 5% (which is limo tint) sunstrip for reference.

In my opinion, go 20% but whichever you choose your Renegade will look great either way! Happy modding!

Reactions: LAS

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey rjl9, just wanted to show you the tint on my Renegade. My Renegade came without factory tint so I put 20% all around with a 5% sunstrip. I think the factory tint on most cars is closer to 20% than 35%. I have always put 20% on all my vehicles because in my opinion 35% is a still a little too light.

Remember, the percentage you purchase is the percentage of light you are allowing inside of the vehicle. So, if you purchase 20% you are allowing 20% of the outside light into the cabin.

Sorry, I took these pictures with my Renegade in the shade but you can still get the idea. The second picture is of my 20% passenger window in contrast with my 5% (which is limo tint) sunstrip for reference.

In my opinion, go 20% but whichever you choose your Renegade will look great either way! Happy modding!

**** that looks great!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I had the driver and passenger window done.
That looks really good! Thank you!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Took the plunge. The place I took it to matched the front with the backs. Came out great! Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Rim

·
Registered
140 Posts
I had the driver and passenger window done.
Looks good. Ive heard rumors that they dropped the legal limit in NC to 32.5, but I cant confirm that. Im picking my TrailHawk up in a few days, and the dealership is matching my front windows to the back for free as an extra perk. Will try to get pics up when I get it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.