Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are thinking about trading our Cruze in on a 17-19 Renegade. We were looking at affordable small SUVs and something 4wd. My sister has a renegade and it has grown on me. Just looking for how you guys like your Jeeps. It’s not gonna be wheeled but I have been looking at them with small lift and all terrains and they look pretty good. How does the 4 cylinder and 9 speed trans hold up with the larger tires? Nothing crazy cause I’d like to keep relatively decent mpg. Thought about trying to push it to tow the boat to the ramp and back (short flat tow). How does it tow? Boats about 2100 pounds and very little tongue weight. I know the tow max is 2000 pounds and this won’t be my primary towing vehicle. I have a pickup but its not the most comfortable all the time 😅. I appreciate everyone’s input! Might be joining the family soon.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Buy a 2019. Chrysler was putting huge amounts of cash on the hood. Find a nice Trailhawk and call it a done deal. You want the 1.3T with the 9spd. It is a pleasure to drive and has plenty of low end grunt. We love ours, plus it was 9.5K off MSRP brand new no B.S.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My issue is I’m trying to stay until 18k. I have found many brand new 2wd models until 18k but haven’t found many 4wds. I have found several 17-19s in my price range tho.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My issue is I’m trying to stay until 18k. I have found many brand new 2wd models until 18k but haven’t found many 4wds. I have found several 17-19s in my price range tho.

·
Registered
421 Posts
We are thinking about trading our Cruze in on a 17-19 Renegade. It’s not gonna be wheeled.

I appreciate everyone’s input! Might be joining the family soon.
Are you making it into a boat? Sticking some ski blades on it for a snow mobile? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I am sure that whatever you get will bring you immense joy and happiness.

The only thing I have yet to achieve in my Renegade 4x4 is using it in snow :cry::cry:

The 2.0L 4x4 diesel Longitude I have launches and recovers a Predator 165 on sand with ease. Have no fear with that. (y)(y)(y)

have a search for one of my posts. I towed my mates boat around 490 miles from where he bought it back to home between Xmas and NewYear with ease and then found it was full of water (around a tonne). It took it in its stride.

:

·
Registered
804 Posts
We are thinking about trading our Cruze in on a 17-19 Renegade...
W E L C O M E ! ! ! to the forum.

President's day is coming. In my area, The dealer that I have been going to has 16, 4wd Renegades for sale,. New from, normal price 29k selling for $18,750.00.

Shop around, drive a little bit, you will find a good price.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Back to the original question: I have a '15 TH. They had issues (as you've probably read) getting the software set for the 9 speed tranny. After three or four software updates, I think they've got it worked out I'm sure that holds for the 17 and 18s. I test drove a new Rene with the small turbo and feel that is the engine they should have had from the get go. While I think the 2.4 and 9 speed is OK, I think the 9 speed coupled with the turbo is just a little bit better from a driving standpoint. I may be biased because I live in the Pikes Peak area and the "low lands" are at 6200 ft altitude and a lot of my driving is above 8000 ft. where the turbo can make a difference. I'd suggest you try driving both the 2.4 and the turbo to see if there is enough of a difference when coupled with the 9 speed to make you want to spend a little more for the newer model. Good luck.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Back to the original question: I have a '15 TH. They had issues (as you've probably read) getting the software set for the 9 speed tranny. After three or four software updates, I think they've got it worked out I'm sure that holds for the 17 and 18s. I test drove a new Rene with the small turbo and feel that is the engine they should have had from the get go. While I think the 2.4 and 9 speed is OK, I think the 9 speed coupled with the turbo is just a little bit better from a driving standpoint. I may be biased because I live in the Pikes Peak area and the "low lands" are at 6200 ft altitude and a lot of my driving is above 8000 ft. where the turbo can make a difference. I'd suggest you try driving both the 2.4 and the turbo to see if there is enough of a difference when coupled with the 9 speed to make you want to spend a little more for the newer model. Good luck.
I went from a 15 TH to a 19TH and completely agree with the bold sentence. Only addition I will add is that they are great little machines though they can be temperamental from vehicle to vehicle. I'd buy the extended warranty to cover any transmission... etc... issues that popup.

·
Registered
421 Posts
It would appear quite a lot of the TrailHawk owners are upset by the lack of performance demonstrated by the vehicles.

Why I ask has nobody of late mentioned 2 easy fixes if available:

• Chip the engine
  • Remap the engine.
One is more expensive but both will fulfill your requirements in terms of extra torque, speed and fuel consumption. (y)(y)(y)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts