Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have had this annoying sound when I turn or stop. I took apart the back spare and what panels could easily come out and found a standard torx smaller screw... Thought I was good... Then it came back so I ran my magnet across the right rear speaker port, to no avail...

I opened the left and ran my smaller magnet and I got a clunk...so then I brought my lighted magnet and found it and pulled it up.

Sure as **** it's the same screw that attaches the seatbelt assembly. Some douche probably droped it back there, got another one and screwed the seatbelt in and left it... Thanks jeep! Glad I didn't waste the service visit and figure it out myself. I left the subject broad so people could search.

Attachments

·
Registered
580 Posts
So someone careless nut left a screw behind? At least you have now a spare part!

I once had an extremely annoying pebble-in-plastic cup noise that took some effort to track down. That noise appeared only at certain speeds and predominantly when going uphill. Turns out a pea-sized pebble had gotten stuck under the brake heat shield where it started bouncing around when the inertial conditions were right. On another car I kept getting pebbles behind the hubcap.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Well, that was an easy fix. Glad you found it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.