Jeep Renegade Forum banner

Los Angeles Auto Show

15K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  Bionic 
#1 · (Edited)
SORRY FOR THE DUPLICATE, DON'T KNOW HOW TO DELETE - I drove from Las Vegas to Los Angeles with the express purpose of sitting in a Renegade. At first, I was crushed: they had a blue release version, locked. I ogled and fondled it, but I couldn't get in. Then--aha!--an orange Trailhawk on the turntable! Still can't get in, but very, very nice. Then, there it was, a red Latitude I could get in. I (im-)patiently waited my turn, and finally got to sit in the danged thing.

I loved it. Everything about it. It made the show for me (which was great, by the way). I liked the audio system, the feel of the seats, the room in the back seat, the storage area behind, the hatch.... it met all of my expectations and exceeded them aesthetically. I loved MySky. I can't say enough good things. I think I like the look of the Trailhawk best, especially the blacked-out roof along the roof rails, and the turn signals on the mirrors. But I'll be happy with a Latitude if I can manage one.

I had a 99% certainty of buying one when it comes out, but will be making an unexpected move and house transition at almost the same time, so I will have an agonizing, uncertain wait! But I'm satisfied that unless this thing drives like a brick, I'm going to want one. I don't care that my Facebook friends think it's ugly (they're idiots, and think it looks like an Aztek, Cube and Soul), I will have one someday.
[/IMG]

See less See more
#4 ·
Nice testimonial Jaime. Thanks.

The side mirror is HUGE!. Like the glass is the size of a small iPad.

Interesting how the side markers light up on US spec models.

Did you try the 8 way seat?

#5 ·
Jon, the seat was adjusted perfectly when I sat down, I really didn't monkey with it. But the surfaces felt and looked nice. I also had limited time, as the the Renegade was popular. I'm only 5' 8" and the car fit me. I don't know how a tall person might feel. But the size of the vehicle is very much in line with a Scion xB if you want to use that for reference.

#13 ·
So I went today, as promised.

I found my new car :)

As for height concerns - there just happened to be a 7 ft. tall (no seriously, 7 f'in feet!) in front of me, and he actually fit in pretty well. He had a few inches of room above his head and with the seat all the way back his legs fit in nicely.

I'm 5'11" and the car fit great. The interior is comparable in size to the Liberty, just a tad slimmer feeling all around. At 180 lbs. I felt really comfortable and had a good amount of room. I drive a 2003 Liberty now, and the interior seems like a good upgrade. It's very comfortable and natural to me, they've improved a lot of the things I hate with the Liberty (like odd placement of window controls).

I liked the backseat cup holder setup. Not that I sit back there much, but it'll be great for friends. The back has a little less storage than my Liberty, but it's still surprisingly large.

I loved the Riptide edition color scheme, I'd really love the trailhawk in that color...but I don't think that'll be an option. The blacked out front and rims looked great.

I did check out the Fiat...you could say "cute." I say ugly. BUT, the leather seats on the version I sat in were beautiful. The leather was soft, and textured. Probably the nicest looking leather I've seen in a car...obviously I don't know about the durability.

Attachments

#15 · (Edited)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundun
I noticed this blue one has a smaller display fitted in between the dials, I've never seen it...so probably the US version will have the 7" display as optional?

No i don´t think this is different the Display just shows MPH and so not the whole screen is needed for displaying ...
The 7" Display is actual wider than the space between cauges ... the Cauges overlap it about 1" at each side ... the Trick is the Position of the Messages Fit in between Cauges ...

#16 · (Edited)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundun
I noticed this blue one has a smaller display fitted in between the dials, I've never seen it...so probably the US version will have the 7" display as optional?

Just forget that crap i wrote ... Optional they have with the longitude 2WD a smaller 3,5" Display available so i guess you can combine that with other Editions ....

here you have the Prices for the Renegades Trailhawk and Longitude configurations ... Prices include all Taxes for the Car (final Price you pay for it including 19% Tax)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32102224/Trailhawk.pdf
no mysky option with it yet, i guess also no forward Radar ... 17" Wheels only
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32102224/longitude.pdf

#17 · (Edited)
Saw It, I'm stoked!

I got to the show on Sunday, very excited, but prepared for disappointment in the legroom department. Well, fortunately, the legroom was fine, and I would even say great, as I tried all the competition models afterwords and the Renegade did a great job of legroom, I would even say best in class. Center console does not cut into right leg, and the door panel has soft curves on the arm rest that it is comfortable to rest your leg against.

The red Latitude open to the public was a pre-production model, no manufacturing stickers. The Trailhawk, on stage, did have the manufacturing stickers on the drivers door inner frame. The Jeep girl on stage confirmed for me it it said Assembled in Italy (one Jeep guy told me it was assembled in the U.S., I assured him it was not, the girl said she was training him and he was supposed to say designed in the U.S.) There were coil spring clamps on the front coil springs most likely to set the correct height, again, signs of a pre-production model. By Sunday the hood cable had either broke or been disconnected, the Jeep girl said people had been able to get under the hood on Saturday.

Rear View mirror box for forward collision warning equipment: No big deal, sitting in drivers seat is really is unobtrusive.

Front A Pillers, yes they are a little large, but compared to the most, not bad. They do not tapper in at the bottom as some of the competition so they don't appear to block vision to bad.

Rear Pillers, yes big, bad visibility, but, compared to some competition, about the same. The electronic blind spot detection is a must.

Roof to Windshield forward visibility, very good, roof line does not slope down, gives you a straight out view through the windshield.

When the trans is in reverse the back up camera comes on the Nav screen, not the rear view mirror.

The cargo area movable deck is about 1" thick blow molded plastic, not the most sturdy.

Side marker lights were lighted. Backup lights are in the taillight X.

Spoke with about five of the Jeep people there to see what info I could get:
"Release date end of first quarter"
"Oh, I heard one Detroit dealer has a shipment due to arrive at the end of December"
"Base price, below $20K" when I probed one, and asked if a fully loaded Trailhawk would be $27-28K, he agreed.
"No price or MPG announced"
So, for all their comments, take them with a grain of salt, you could tell most of them had some training and / or were couched how to answer common questions.

The presence of the Trailhawk up on stage looked great, so I'm still leaning towards that, but I want the Forward Collision warning system, one Jeep guy said they do hold back sometimes so they can add items in following years.

Oh, and the best Easter Egg, picture first, you guess, answer after the picture:

Yes, that is Bigfoot! on the rear hatch glass.

Reactions: bigfootbait
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.