Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to the car being so new I have been unable to locate any after market door sill protectors & I am not prepared to pay for the extortionate prices Jeep sell their accessories for.

So I decided to make my own using 3D black carbon fibre vinyl wrap. I measured out the size required & cut them out to suit the front & rear door sills, used a two pence piece to mark out a radius for the corners. Sticks on really easy if you apply the vinyl at the door seal & gradually work down the sill ensuring you get no bubbles (hair dryer helps).

Cost only £6.40 for a 500x1520mm sheet from Amazon.

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
Not bad, looks pretty good:) My problem is that I keep rubbing my feet on the interior trim sill piece. Not sure why but its easy to wipe off any dirt but over time its probably going to scratch and look worn.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Agreed that you always pay more from the Jeep branded ones. Maybe somebody will start making some knockoffs that look very similar for a cheaper price.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.