Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be lowering my 2WD, 1.4L Lattitude and would like to hear from owners who have done this. My initial questions are...

Has anyone had any luck finding good aftermarket struts and shocks?

Can I use struts/shocks from a Dodge Dart on my Renegade?

Has anyone put coilovers on their Renegade? If so, what is your assessment on them?

I will be putting 18" wheels and tires on once it is lowered, so I am looking for wheel and tire fitment information. My stock tires are 215/65R16, but Google says the Renegade can fit 225/55R18 from the factory. After lowering it and assuming I would go lower profile on the 18" tire (40 or 45), could I still fit a tire with 225 width?

Could someone verify the lug pattern is 5x110 for a 2wd Latitude?

Thanks in advance!

Ryan & J.R.

·
Registered
26 Posts
5X110 is correct for all the Renegade, inc 2WD.
You don´t have to go lower profile when lowering. If that would be the fact then it would rub when the suspension compresses.
Remember if you go lower profile the speedo is going to display the wrong speed and you'll rev higher on highway among other things!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have the H&R 1.5 lowering springs,havent installed them yet . I think a few members are running them on the factory struts. Beyond that you will be looking at cheap chinese coilovers which may range from absolute garbage to ok in quality. I dont think the dart suspension will fit. The cars are alike , the parts are slightly different and in different locations for the most part . If you wanted to dedicate the time you could get measurements from the factory strut and call around to various suspension producers to see if they have anything that matches or if they would make the part for the market.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts