Jeep Renegade Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 Trailhawk here. I would like to change my lug bolts (right? I have bolts, not nuts, for this car?) instead of using caps/covers. What size am I looking for?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Shank length 22-28mm is the other measurement you'll need. My Latitude had stock 22mm but they had the caps on them (some which had swelled and some missing altogether) so ordered the Venum brand lug bolts in black from Amazon and these are 28mm which worked fine (Amazon not shipping anything other than non essential items for right now so look elsewhere). I like these as there's no caps.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shank length 22-28mm is the other measurement you'll need. My Latitude had stock 22mm but they had the caps on them (some which had swelled and some missing altogether) so ordered the Venum brand lug bolts in black from Amazon and these are 28mm which worked fine (Amazon not shipping anything other than non essential items for right now so look elsewhere). I like these as there's no caps.
Oh rad! Thank you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have cap cover but they come off. I would like black bolts to match the wheels.
I agree with this. Plus, caps you gotta deal with removing them with a specialized tool usually to get to the bolts, and I just think the caps look kinda tacky to me- no offense to anyone who loves their caps, just my opinion

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Awesome, thanks! Spacers are in my near future (damn, having a Jeep is gettin' expensive but it's sure as **** fun!), I just wanted them in black or red and not silver.
If you are going to add spacers, the lug studs are not going to be seen. Except when the wheel is removed.
You can always get colored lug nuts after you add the spacers...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you are going to add spacers, the lug studs are not going to be seen. Except when the wheel is removed.
You can always get colored lug nuts after you add the spacers...
You just blew my mind. Alrighty! First thing's first, I'll get lifts/spacers first and then consider lugs afterward. Thanks mate!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts