Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Using the blue filled Latitude badge (and the fact that I'm a big fan of the NY Mets ... surprising, right?) as inspiration, I've started adding little touches of blue to my Omaha Orange Renegade. First, I added blue lug nut covers. Really happy with the look of this $7 mod!

I also have blue and white NYS license plates with the Mets logo on them and a small Mr. Met decal on the little window behind the back driver side door.

Attachments

·
Registered
607 Posts
Using the blue filled Latitude badge (and the fact that I'm a big fan of the NY Mets ... surprising, right?) as inspiration, I've started adding little touches of blue to my Omaha Orange Renegade. First, I added blue lug nut covers. Really happy with the look of this $7 mod!

I also have blue and white NYS license plates with the Mets logo on them and a small Mr. Met decal on the little window behind the back driver side door.
the blue lugs look cool with the orange paint esp. since you're a mets fan.

·
Registered
36 Posts
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VZSADF8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_JHDWwbTMHS4MV

This seller has lots of colors, I'm gonna get green glow!! ��
I got them on eBay from a seller in China. Here is a current listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20Pcs-17mm-...emoval-Tool-/262018783049?hash=item3d01895749

Thank you both. This particular ebay seller did not have the red I wanted, but looks like other sellers do. The ones on Amazon will work too, but if I can get them cheaper on ebay I'll go that route.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you both. This particular ebay seller did not have the red I wanted, but looks like other sellers do. The ones on Amazon will work too, but if I can get them cheaper on ebay I'll go that route.
You're welcome.

Keep in mind that the materials are different. Mine are hard plastic that look metallic and have little grippers on the inside so they stay on. The others are soft PVC (and some like that are silicone). I'm not sure what holds those other kind on, but when I looked into getting glow in the dark silicone ones, the seller told me they required some type of adhesive to hold them on. I didn't want any part of that. So, I went with the ones that stay on themselves.

Good luck!

·
Registered
36 Posts
You're welcome.

Keep in mind that the materials are different. Mine are hard plastic that look metallic and have little grippers on the inside so they stay on. The others are soft PVC (and some like that are silicone). I'm not sure what holds those other kind on, but when I looked into getting glow in the dark silicone ones, the seller told me they required some type of adhesive to hold them on. I didn't want any part of that. So, I went with the ones that stay on themselves.

Good luck!
Good info to know, unfortunately I ordered some before I read this. Like you, I don't want adhesive and I would not have ordered anything that specified that. However, I didn't think to ask either. I went back and checked the listing; It says chrome plastic and "Easy to fit,simply push down onto your bolts for a firm fit". We'll see, I'll report back when they arrive.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good info to know, unfortunately I ordered some before I read this. Like you, I don't want adhesive and I would not have ordered anything that specified that. However, I didn't think to ask either. I went back and checked the listing; It says chrome plastic and "Easy to fit,simply push down onto your bolts for a firm fit". We'll see, I'll report back when they arrive.

Those sound similar to mine.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I almost did the red. But that's not me, I got the green glow!! They are silicone, but while bored at work, I popped one on a loose lug stud I had and proceeded to toss it around.. Put them on my TH and no movement. Took it through a little mud spot I frequent (after it rains) and they stayed on like a champ. I may have checked soon after I was playing in the muck to make sure they didn't move. No glue needed. Just hope no one feels the desire to steal them???????

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I almost did the red. But that's not me, I got the green glow!! They are silicone, but while bored at work, I popped one on a loose lug stud I had and proceeded to toss it around.. Put them on my TH and no movement. Took it through a little mud spot I frequent (after it rains) and they stayed on like a champ. I may have checked soon after I was playing in the muck to make sure they didn't move. No glue needed. Just hope no one feels the desire to steal them???????

Do those glow in the dark?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.