Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2020 Renegade Sport AWD with the 2.4 and automatic transmission. I have been fine with the transmission behavior at lower speeds. It shifts quickly, is peppy from a standing start and when going full throttle at lower speeds. Overall,I am very pleased with the Renegade. However, at 70 mph or so, the transmission downshifting at full throttle is anemic and the acceleration painfully slow. I am looking for feedback from anyone who has the Autoflash tuning. Does it significantly help the problem I have described? I realize it is a four banger but also have a six speed manual 2018 Compass AWD with the same engine and it does much, much better when accelerating at higher speeds. Thanks for any feedback!

·
vBToucan.com Vendor
1,068 Posts
I've got a 2020 Renegade Sport AWD with the 2.4 and automatic transmission. I have been fine with the transmission behavior at lower speeds. It shifts quickly, is peppy from a standing start and when going full throttle at lower speeds. Overall,I am very pleased with the Renegade. However, at 70 mph or so, the transmission downshifting at full throttle is anemic and the acceleration painfully slow. I am looking for feedback from anyone who has the Autoflash tuning. Does it significantly help the problem I have described? I realize it is a four banger but also have a six speed manual 2018 Compass AWD with the same engine and it does much, much better when accelerating at higher speeds. Thanks for any feedback!
Hello mslatoaster,

Thank you for reaching out!

The AutoFlash is one of our more popular upgrades for the Renegade as the automatic transmission does seem to be a common complaint.

Hopefully there are some members here who will share their experiences.

In the mean time please don't hesitate to drop us a line at 512-982-9393 TX or 562-981-6800 CA and one of our Technical Advisors will be happy to chat with you and help see if the AutoFlash can remedy the problem you are having.

Thank you again.

·
Registered
675 Posts
best move i made with my 2017 trailhawk, i have a heavy foot and the trans. responds perfectly, no lag, no accell. problems. auto flash pricey but imo worth it

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the “Go pedal” and Autoflash on my 2018 2.4 , had the Go pedal first then bought the Autoflash as I wasn’t real happy with the weak shifts of the auto. Mind you, the Go -pedal makes a huge difference throttle RESPONSE but does nothing for the lag / drag when shifting gears, that’s where the Autoflash made the difference for me…when the trans shifts there’s no lag, it’s not more “firm” which I kinda was expecting, but it eliminates the lag/ drag….I will say the Go-pedal made such an impact to the character of the jeep I was expecting the same oh wow! from the Autoflash but it’s a more subtle mod, noticeable yes,but subtle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts