Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
The sound would not be the concern of mine; does the exhaust cause drone on the highway? I have replaced several OEM exhausts over the years and had a couple that were great around town but really got on your nerves on the highway due to drone. Just curious of the drone factor on this aftermarket muffler

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
there's one on one of there site hard to tell but it sounds a little ricey to me what do you think?
ill be honest i installed a magnaflow on a 2003 vw gti vr6 with awesome results...im def a little worried it mind sound a little ricey.. if my TH was a manual it can get away with it... but on an auto??? not sure.. also that sound byte on their website i think is a generic sound... im so tempted..

·
Registered
610 Posts
Pretty much any four banger will sound ricey with an aftermarket exhaust. Drone can be reduced with additional resonator... question is, is there room for one. Automatic trans shouldn't matter since most of them do not rev high.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Where did you guys hear a sound clip of it, I cant seem to find it? The only way ill even consider one of these is will some HP gains. I dont want to pay for a over priced noise maker.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Where did you guys hear a sound clip of it, I cant seem to find it? The only way ill even consider one of these is will some HP gains. I dont want to pay for a over priced noise maker.
On a naturally aspirated engine, cat-back exhaust alone will never give you much in power gain; only noise. If any, 2-3 HP at best and only at upper RPM range (where the vehicle doesn't spend most of its operating time in). More could be had with headers but then you're dealing with emissions and additional engine bay heat (in an engine bay that is already tightly packed).

Only way to get notable power gain is through force induction and internal changes like cams, or messing with bore & stroke.

Waste of money unless you think a fart can sounds good. I don't mind aftermarket systems if they sound good. Based on what I saw on youtube of various 2.4L Dart with Magnaflow systems... they sound terrible.

·
Registered
9 Posts
ill be honest i installed a magnaflow on a 2003 vw gti vr6 with awesome results...im def a little worried it mind sound a little ricey.. if my TH was a manual it can get away with it... but on an auto??? not sure.. also that sound byte on their website i think is a generic sound... im so tempted..
Agreed Magnaflow has some of the least droney cat backs i've dealth with.

I had it on a TT and currently have it on a stage 3 allroad.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Sounds good to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
I recently installed the magnaflow catback on my renegade, and felt slightly underwhelmed. It does sound i little bit ricey, but most four cylinders will. Dont get me wrong though. It does add some much needed character to the overall sound of the renny. Power wise... I didnt notice much. Maybe a slight bit more getup, but not a ton. However though. I also installed a K&N cold air. And man did that thing bring my magna flow to life. I wasnt expecting the k&n to add so much life. My renny has a wide open sound that roars when i step on it, and is still noticable at idle. Still a little bit ricey, but itll def turn heads. The combo of the two will def add some noticable power. After i installed the k&n i took it for a spin, and put the pedal down. Holy **** man. It gave me that wide eyed "whoa" look. Lol.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I recently installed the magnaflow catback on my renegade, and felt slightly underwhelmed. It does sound i little bit ricey, but most four cylinders will. Dont get me wrong though. It does add some much needed character to the overall sound of the renny. Power wise... I didnt notice much. Maybe a slight bit more getup, but not a ton. However though. I also installed a K&N cold air. And man did that thing bring my magna flow to life. I wasnt expecting the k&n to add so much life. My renny has a wide open sound that roars when i step on it, and is still noticable at idle. Still a little bit ricey, but itll def turn heads. The combo of the two will def add some noticable power. After i installed the k&n i took it for a spin, and put the pedal down. Holy **** man. It gave me that wide eyed "whoa" look. Lol.

Post vids. Many would love to hear it!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Post vids. Many would love to hear it!

Soonest i can get vids and pics up is Wednesday. Im working some pretty stupid hours mon and tue. But for sure I'll get something for you soon.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.