Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going in for oil change tomorrow, close to 11k miles. Any extra kind of maintenance I should get at this point?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Have them run it on the computer to see if there are any updates. The "change oil" notice appeared one morning on my Rene at 4800 miles. I went in and had it done, there were 2 computer updates available. This was the 2nd time in 4800 miles that updates were available and done. Also, find some coupons somewhere, the synthetic oil change was supposed to be about $66 buck, but dealer brought price down to about $38 bucks with coupons. I was pleased for the 2nd time at my local service department, and I am starting to feel more confident about moving forward with them.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Here's a question. What is involved with the 10,000 mile service?

Do you need to take it to the dealer and what do they check and how much does the service cost?

I know they have to reset the counter.

I just got my oil changed and tires rotated at 6900 miles and they did a multi-point inspection.

Thanks
:ReneBlueWave:

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I had a check done a few weeks ago (10,500) and it was the oil change, filter, multi point inspection, software update check (none needed) and tire rotation. I think they change the cabin air filter around 15000, but not totally sure.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Most recent vehicle manufactures recommend changes every 10K if running full synthetic oils. But me personally with synthetic I change my oil every 5000 miles, and fossil oils every 3000 miles. Other fluids I believe in the 6 year or 50,000 mile rule. I have owned over 30+ vehicles and have not had any real issues if you stick to this routine. First real big service on my 1.4L should be around 30K miles, and then again at 60K which will probably involve doing the timing belt and valve adjustments. Hope this helps

·
Registered
2015 Trailhawk
404 Posts
I should probably know this, but what are the intervals of oil changes that are required to not void the warranty? I usually do every 5,000 which isn't necessary, but easy to see on the odometer.
I'm having mine changed when the car tells me to, which has been around 7,400 miles both times. Probably varies depending on driving style, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.