Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an online version of the Renegade Owner's Manual where I could see what all the recommended maintenance is on the Renegade? I have a dealership near me that I got a quote from to buy a TH and it comes with their Warranty Forever that will cover the Engine, Transmission, and drive housings and all the internal lubricated parts of each of those. However, in order to not nullify the warranty, I MUST have all the maintenance on the vehicle outlined in the maintenance requirements section of the manufacturer's limited warranty and it must be done by the selling dealer or a pre-authorized repair facility of "my" choice. This apparently means all oil changes as well, and reading up on what others are paying for oil changes at dealerships or other places, I fear this Warranty Forever program is going to cost me way too much more than doing these things on my own as I usually do. I was going to throw together a quick spreadsheet with all the recommended (required) maintenances that will be needed so I could get an idea of what I'd be looking at. I know the warranty would be nice if I ever had to use it, but it's always been my experience that if things don't break early on during the manufacturer warranty period, then the chance of them breaking after it's over isn't that likely. I also fear that 3+ years down the road, I'll miss a recommended maintenance and the warranty forever will no longer be covered anyway.

Anyone have any thoughts or opinions?

I've read up on some online complaints about the warranty forever where it was voided when someone took it in for a 90k service and the dealership didn't do one of the recommended services (change the fuel filter) which apparently was the consumer's fault for not telling the dealership exactly what services were required at the 90k service... I just feel it might be more hassle and expensive to have everything done at authorized repair facilities than the warranty is worth.

·
Premium Member
916 Posts
The owners manual can be downloaded from this thread.
The maintenance schedule is outlined on page 509.

As for denying coverage if a scheduled maintenance was not performed, good question. I would think if it stipulates that in the contract then yeah, they can deny coverage. But I have no real world examples of that actually happening. Any link to those online complaints?

TS

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The owners manual can be downloaded from this thread.
The maintenance schedule is outlined on page 509.

As for denying coverage if a scheduled maintenance was not performed, good question. I would think if it stipulates that in the contract then yeah, they can deny coverage. But I have no real world examples of that actually happening. Any link to those online complaints?

TS
Thanks. I did eventually find the owners manual.

I was going off a bunch of reviews I was reading up on Warranty Forever. Some of it is on the BBB site http://www.bbb.org/cleveland/busine...rk-llc-in-strongsville-oh-16007207/complaints

I can just see how they would find any loophole to not pay out on the warranty, and I'm not personally interested in getting every maintenance and oil change done at a service facility or dealership. I'd rather do most fluid/filter changes on my own. It'll cost way too much more to have someone do everything. Besides, it looks to me that everything covered in the Warranty Forever program is already covered for 5 years/100,000 miles by the FCA/Jeep Warranty. So the Warranty Forever would only be good after that.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have never purchased the extended warranty on a vehicle and very few on anything else. I have 388,000 miles on my current 2000 chevy Silverado 4x4 extended cab, and had 375,000 on the previous chevy Silverado extended cab. I am taking a chance with the Jeep Renegade Trailhawk. I have a friend who owns a auto repair shop who says the key is to change the oil often. I special ordered mine which should be here by mid December, don't think I'm going to by the extended warranty.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Regarding the first oil change, The cars production date was 3/15. Its been in service for 3 months and has 3000 miles on it. So the oils been in the engine for 9 months. Would it be prudent to change the oil now or wait for the indicator?

·
Registered
112 Posts
If you are interested in a "forever" warranty, check into the Chrysler MaxCare lifetime warranty. It is a Chrysler supported warranty, not some 3rd party warranty company. I can testify that the Maxcare warranty works, and works without any hassles. I've got it on three vehicles ('07 Jeep Patriot, '08 Dodge Grand Caravan, '09 Dodge Journey), and we've used it on every vehicle. The latest was a major engine rebuild on the minivan that started with a radiator leak which led to the engine overheating and damaging a couple of lifters. The warranty covered it all (18 new lifters, two new heads, radiator, and a few other misc items, plus all the labor) for just the $100 deductible. There was close to $4,000 in parts & labor on the job, but it was all covered without any hassles. They never asked about any maintenance schedules. I've had a/c components replaced on the Patriot, transmission pumps & parts on the Patriot, and lots of other miscellaneous service on all the vehicles in the 7-8 years I've owned them, and the bill is never more than $100 for whatever service/repair that is performed.

There are lots of folks here that have purchased the warranty for their Renegades for $2315. I plan on getting it for my Renegade, too. You have 12 months or 12,000 miles to decide to buy it before the price starts going up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.