Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 Renegade Sport (Upland trim) with 17" stock rims. I am wanting to swap out the stock tires for all terrains, but have no idea where to start. Does anyone know the max tire size I could go with without having to modify anything?

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I have a 2018 Renegade Sport (Upland trim) with 17" stock rims. I am wanting to swap out the stock tires for all terrains, but have no idea where to start. Does anyone know the max tire size I could go with without having to modify anything?
Welcome to the forum. The size your Sport can handle without any mods is a 225/65/17. This is a very popular tire size among Renegade owners. Good A/T tires made in that size include BFG KO's, Yokohama Geolander G015 (milder A/T), Geolander M/T G003, Pirelli Scorpion A/T Plus, Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail, and Toyo Open Country A/T II. I may have missed some. I think Cooper may make one also. Post a picture when you get your new tires.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts

W E L C O M E ! ! ! to the forum.

Agreed, 225/65R17, without any required madifications.

Reactions: Murf

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the forum. The size your Sport can handle without any mods is a 225/65/17. This is a very popular tire size among Renegade owners. Good A/T tires made in that size include BFG KO's, Yokohama Geolander G015 (milder A/T), Geolander M/T G003, Pirelli Scorpion A/T Plus, Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail, and Toyo Open Country A/T II. I may have missed some. I think Cooper may make one also. Post a picture when you get your new tires.
This is very helpful! Thank you!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had this same question that you answered for me as well - thanks again!
On researching tires I'm finding slightly larger tires can be 25% cheaper so I'm thinking why not spend that money on a 2" lift kit and save on the tires. I know, overall, it's going to cost about $100 more - plus installation if I pay someone to do it but, if I do only this modification what size tires can I then put on? Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
582 Posts
I had this same question that you answered for me as well - thanks again!
On researching tires I'm finding slightly larger tires can be 25% cheaper so I'm thinking why not spend that money on a 2" lift kit and save on the tires. I know, overall, it's going to cost about $100 more - plus installation if I pay someone to do it but, if I do only this modification what size tires can I then put on? Thanks for any help!
You're not going to get much larger. The 225/65R17 is 28.5" diameter. Max would be around the 29" mark with trimming the pinch seam. The wheel well just isn't designed for anything over this size, regardless of lift.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks Justin! That's good to know. So a lift is just going to be for clearance and I can just put the 225/65R17s on as is - because $$$ I want to do the tires soon, before winter here in Maine starts, in a few weeks...lol And I'll do the lift next year :)

·
Super Moderator
4,682 Posts
You're not going to get much larger. The 225/65R17 is 28.5" diameter. Max would be around the 29" mark with trimming the pinch seam. The wheel well just isn't designed for anything over this size, regardless of lift.
Not true I am running 235 65 R17 with 0 problems with spacers & pinch seam done & no lift.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts