Jeep Renegade Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I hate tire shopping, got an 18 sport with :sick: stock 16" wheels don't have enough cash this round for wheels, spacers or lift. But I would like to fill the wheel well, maybe get a little lift. 235/60r16, 225/65r16, local tire shops are no help either

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The size your Sport can handle without any mods is a 225/65/17. This is a very popular tire size among Renegade owners. Good A/T tires made in that size include BFG KO's, Yokohama Geolander G015 (milder A/T), Geolander M/T G003, Pirelli Scorpion A/T Plus, Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail, and Toyo Open Country A/T II. I may have missed some. I think Cooper may make one also. Post a picture when you get your new tires.
This is so helpful, thank you!

Follow up, can a 225 go on a stock 215 rim?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I have a 17 Sport Fwd jeep renegade. Was seeing if 235/70R16 wheels will fit with 1.5 lift kit wheel spacers and will be doing the pinch weld mod too. Any Confirmation of this working would be nice and thank you

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi I have a 17 Sport Fwd jeep renegade. Was seeing if 235/70R16 wheels will fit with 1.5 lift kit wheel spacers and will be doing the pinch weld mod too. Any Confirmation of this working would be nice and thank you
They will with those mods. I got 245/75/17 on mine and there is a little rubbing at full lock on the electrical box on the front side of the front driver wheel well. Spacer may have to be wide enough for the tire to clear the strut spring. A small amount of angle grinding may be needed on the strut. Also, when doing pinch seams or wherever, to may need to trim other places. My tire is big so, I have to get creative.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm planning to upgrade my Jeep Renagade 2020 Longitude.

Stock wheelset : 17x7 et40 - 215/60/17

Upgrading : 17x8 et25-et40 - 235/60/17AT or 225/65/17AT

Would it fit?

Thank you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
For those of you who have gone with the mild tire size increase to 225/65-17s, what has been your experience with any effects? I know, in general, larger tires potentially negatively affect handling, speed, fuel economy, transmission (gear ratios specifically calibrated for OEM size), but I wonder whether these are at all that significant on such a relatively modest tire increase to the 225s.

·
Registered
2016 Longitude 4x4
37 Posts
I have 225/65r17s on stock Longitude wheels, no spacers or lift and, as you may suspect, the change is not too significant in terms of gearing/mpg/handling. I've gone into more detail in a previous thread. I do have the 2.0 diesel though. I would recommend anyone upgrading on a budget to keep their original wheels and go for the modest upgrade in size (with a better choice of tyre than the stock highway tread)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The size your Sport can handle without any mods is a 225/65/17. This is a very popular tire size among Renegade owners. Good A/T tires made in that size include BFG KO's, Yokohama Geolander G015 (milder A/T), Geolander M/T G003, Pirelli Scorpion A/T Plus, Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail, and Toyo Open Country A/T II. I may have missed some. I think Cooper may make one also. Post a picture when you get your new tires.
I installed a 2 inch Rough Country lift, how big can I go ?

21 - 34 of 34 Posts