Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Its a good thing you like to Lease vehicles because there are always issues with any vehicle. To be 100% happy is unlikely. I would lease too, because its nice to drive a different vehicle every few years, but its a bad financial decision.
Leasing is not a bad financial decision if you can stay within the miles and you get a lease with a decently high residual (over 55%). It's not bad because you don't own the car so you don't own the negative equity. It's a much worse idea to pay cash or finance a vehicle and trade it every 4 to 5 years, because your car depreciates and you are responsible for the depreciation. In a lease, the leasing company is responsible for the depreciation - not you. Leasing used to be real bad in the 90's but laws have changed to protect and benefit the consumer greatly since then.

I didn't lease my Renegade, I bought it, because I plan to drive it for 15 years. I will put maybe 3,000 miles per year on it and I will switch to full synthetic oil and only use 91 or 93 octane fuel. I have two other cars and I live 2 miles from work so my Renegade will have ultra low miles.

·
Registered
607 Posts
hey all, I am coming from a modded 2012 GTi, but my Fiance and I really enjoy camping etc and I have been looking into getting a more 4x4 capable car.

I hate huge cars and the renegade seems my speed, a little slower than I would like, but other than that I really like the car.

I drove the trailhawk but wasnt sure I needed all the features.

Could I do some decent offroading with a 4x4 sport? I was planning on lifting it and getting some different tires in time.

I was also curious, what are your least favorite things about the car? Any issues?

It really seems like a great little ride, I am a little concerned with the reliability issues that people have stated about jeeps, but im coming from a VW which is as bad as it gets.

Is a renegade sport as capable as the trailhawk?
The sport/latitude/limited is not as capable as the trailhawk, but it is very capable still. If you don't need to climb boulders but still want a vehicle that can get you through the woods, or run across snow & ice - a 4x4 sport will do just fine... get the manual transmission with the 1.4L turbo!

I bought mine for camping too, I'm a newbie at camping, never been before...but for some reason after I just had my first son, I felt the urge to take him camping, on a road trip across America! LOL - so random I know!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.