Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are two world debuts of the all new new CX-3. Should we Renegade fans worry?

Personally, I think the Jeep has better interior materials and of course an electric parking break for starters, but Mazda does have SkyActive motor. Which do you prefer?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for the links. Interesting, although the first reviewer was difficult for me to understand without "closed captions". I'm not a fan of these nav screens that look like they are stuck on top the dash. Also the CX3 doesn't appear to have as much useable space inside, so doesn't excite me so much. I'll wait for the Renegade.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Well the CX-3 has beaten the Renegade to a decent English language review on YouTube.

What the **** is Jeep waiting for?

In other news, seeing a person stand next to the profile of the CX-3, it gives a better feel for the size of the car. If I didn't want skid plates, a tougher suspension, and some beefier tires, I would definitely go with the CX-3. It would be nice if they could do a MazdaSpeed verison of it to compete with the Cooper S Countryman All4.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Here are two world debuts of the all new new CX-3. Should we Renegade fans worry?
No!

1) High belt line, small windows

2) Stupid center console with knee cutter on left side so if you have longer legs and rest against the center console that vertical barrier cuts right into your right leg.

3) No 4x4 capabilities

·
Registered
194 Posts
I actually think the CX-3 is indeed a real threat to the Renegade, even as a Jeep loyalist, I am too starting to look at the Mazda... just looks alone makes up a good portion of my reason for liking it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
A car is a tool... One gets what he / she needs for their way of life...

The question here is not complicated... If you care for the Outdoors or any off-road involving activity, then Renegade TH is the option but then if you want just a CUV for your daily urban commuting then why not the CX3 or the Juke etc...

The CX3 looks modern and sporty... And if it has its older sister's (CX5) good reputation then it is a winner... But not in or for the wilderness...

·
Super Moderator
3,616 Posts
Well I think the buying market in the US will be split up into three basic chunks: the urban/suburban cruisers (soul targets this group of buyers hard), the outdoor enthusiasts (Subaru has been going at this market segment for a long time), and the practicalities crowd.

I think the CX-3 is limited to the first group for appeal. It might make headway into the third group on milage, we'll have to wait and see. I think the renegade can cover a wider range of those three market groups than the CX-3. From the reviews, cargo space is probably it's biggest sin followed up by a cramped interior.

As for my personal tastes, I like the looks, but looking at the reviewers sitting in it, I can tell you right now I won't fit, not even close.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.