Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
As time progresses, will there be meets where we can all meet up and chew the fat? Nowhere too far off the beaten track as I will be ordering a 2wd model. I am located in south Wales.
I'm up for a meet , it would be interesting to see how many renegades we can get in one place!;)

Maybe a BBQ , I don't mind hosting one, if we all chip in :laugh:
I'm in Northampton , or we can meet at a designated place of interest !

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Someone mention food :laugh::laugh:

I can't order my Renegade until the end of the year as I am on the motability scheme. So come end of February/beginning of March 2016 I will have mine. Northampton ain't that far away, Silverstone is 150 miles from me. I'm in Aberdare and don't mind having a drive on a Sunday. Or any other day.

Hopefully there will be more from the UK that finds the site either before or after getting their Renegade, so we should be able to muster a few to meet up somewhere on this green isle. Even if we only get three or four at the first meet, remember that from acorns do mighty oaks grow:):)

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have seen a few more on here from the UK. So are any of you interested in future meets? It can be anywhere, ideally a location where we all do a similar mileage to get there, unless there is some who don't mind driving a bit further afield.

As time progresses and more hopefully join the forum from GB, how do people feel about having areas? For example south east England, north west England, south coast England etc. I haven't mentioned Wales as there doesn't seem to be many on here from Wales yet.

What sort of distance do people want to travel? Me, I don't mind the distance.

How frequent would you like a meet? Bi monthly, quarterly etc. How about a big one for Christmas next year, where we can have a festive nosebag somewhere? We could do a Christmas meet this year, if anybody is up for it.

I know that not everyone will be able to make the meets, due to work or family commitment etc, so no worries. They aren't compulsory! Just a way of meeting new people and hopefully new lasting friendships.

Any ideas for locations, can be anywhere. If you can book some good weather for the location, that would be a bonus!

When you enter Wales from England there is a toll for the Severn crossing. I am unsure how much the toll is because I have a blue badge and I am exempt from the charge and it has been a while since I used the bridge. Show the blue badge and it is free.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm up for a meet , and maybe do something in December? Or do we do something next year?
We can do something December if people are up for it. I will have mine mid October, so I will be Jeeping it. As for next year, definitely through out the year at regular intervals if people want. I'm sure there are places that folk would like to see places that they ain't.

Too far for me I am afraid. there are many roads into Wales other than the Severn bridge.
I know Falkirk is not exactly close to those in south England and Wales, but anybody fancy a long weekend up in Scotland? There is spectacular scenery up there and has some of the best sunsets that you will ever see.

Or we do a meet somewhere that is a similar distance for all attendees? I am willing to do an overnight in a b&b.

There are several roads/routes into Dai Jones' country, but the Severn crossing is the most popular, especially for those in the south/south west England, hence why I highlighted the crossing charge for those that are unfamiliar with it. If anybody wants a meet in Wales there are plenty of locations. There are places I ain't seen, so if someone has been somewhere in the past and would like to meet there, let's do it.

Fire away your suggestions. All meet at pre arranged location, chew the fat, have some nosh and go home? Meet and do a drive to another location stopping for sightseeing and take photos along the way? What do people want?

Reactions: Jeepychef

·
Registered
125 Posts
Looks like just the two of us Kevin, perhaps a meet up after Christmas, we go to Wales quite often, daughters at university in Bangor and we have family in the Rhondda valley so I'm sure we can arrange something :0)

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm in Wellingborough. I could fall out of bed and hit Northampton, wouldn't even have to start the Renegade up !

Peter.....
If you are interested in doing meets, please feel free to suggest some locations that you would like to visit.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Meet at Hopwood Services on M42? That's a reasonable mid point? Sure we could locate a pub from there!

I'm hopeful of getting my Renegade mid October but if you chaps are raring to go, crack on. Cheers

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks like it is going to happen. Yippeeee!!

When it is half term in Wales we are going to Norwich to see friends. Leave on the Monday and probably be back on the Friday. So keep a look out for a solar yellow Renegade. Oh, and don't forget to wave. Ta.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I don't know if it's possible but maybe we could meet up near Hopwood before Christmas , I know Mrs jeepychef has quite a busy agenda at weekends , I either turn up or cook for them:)
Here's a place near Hopwood services
Alvechurch,*Birmingham,*West Midlands,*B48 7AB**0121 445 1716*
*[email protected]

If this venue suits everyone then let's band some dates around;)

What about Sunday lunch? the only days I can do are the 6th and 13th of December,
could this the 1st official UK Christmas bash?
as Kevin say from acorns eh?

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey Kevin. You got a sticky.
In the words of Frankie Howerd, "ooh err missus!"

Hopefully over time more people will join the forum and want to meet up with like minded Renegadephiles. There's a new word, Renegadephile. Remember where you read it first ;)

Reactions: syzygy
1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.