Jeep Renegade Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Renegade Limited AWD 2.4L
397 Posts
Click bait it's called in the UK. (to support Rsanges)

For every click the original poster (OP) receives a small % (percentage) and it gets attributed to themselves in monetary costs. The more clicks from "clickers" (you and I) the more they get paid.
That’s crazy, yo!

·
Super Moderator
3,947 Posts
When some one right out of the gate misleads us and then blames the Renegade that is not cool!
As for if the tires fixed the problem the OP could start a new thread at any time but don't blame the Jeep for something like old tires, diver ect did. If the Jeep had a transmission leak that dose not make the Jeep junk it is a seal failed or a internal problem just like tons of other autos out there.

Us Mods do the best we can! You guys don't have a clue how much spam and robot stuff we have to stop on our forum many times a day and make sure us & you member's keep with in the rules.

We need to keep the forum moving with new members and talk.

I am a long time Jeeper for example and I hate when people call a Jeep a car even our BU! But I let it pass. I am a Mod on 7 forums and for the most part I like it and have meet people from all over the world when they come to Florida or when I was traveling and we would go wheeling.

O.k. I am done with this post have fun folks.
Going to lock it now! Just kidding.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Fiat Power - I'll break this one into individual parts for you.
"Interesting that the title of this thread and of that one are both complete falsehoods."... Not quite correct. It was your misinterpretation.
..."Just as there was no factual basis for the "accident prone" verbiage in the original thread,"... She was having handling issues that obviously were affecting drivability. A fact.
..."there was nothing "threatening" in the thread, nor was that indicated as the reasoning for shutting it down."... You sort of got this this one right, but the the title of my thread wasn't referring to why hers was closed. It was stated in the first sentence of my third paragraph.

..."It was clear to me that it got shut down because the OP had been making baseless claims about the handling of the Renegade, while hiding the key info that it had been wrecked prior to the problems.

Calm down! Don't take it so personal. LINI posted that the handling on her Renegade was terrible but unfortunately she left out many other factors...: Again, she was basing her opinion on the recent unusual handling characteristics and yes, it did come out that there was a prior accident which might contribute to her issue. But I only read one instance of what you call "baseless claims" and that was in the original post. She did seem to accept that her tires could be the answer when she said she was going to try that route. But it got closed after 28 replies and we can't ask any more questions to help pinpoint the trouble.!
Your title contained three words and no punctuation, meaning it could be interpreted many ways, but that was your choice. So then perhaps your title was not a falsehood so much as poorly chosen. Lini's OP on the other had clearly blamed the vehicle handling as dangerous, both in the title and the description, while leaving out key info. There is no interpretation issue.

This is standard social media tactics where the purpose of a post is not so much to communicate but to attract attention, which it did. Some of the attention was bad, but attention is attention I guess.

As for calming down, that's funny. I'm here because I get some useful information, and as someone who's been doing my own work on vehicles for over 40 years, I need to know some specifics about the vehicle so I can maintain it. Learning about the motor mount problems was a good example, and I'll have mine fixed as soon as it gets here. I simply haven't any patience for eye-rolling jibberish like Lini's thread, but rest assured it had about as much impact on my life as a minor itch.

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Renegade Limited AWD 2.4L
397 Posts
When some one right out of the gate misleads us and then blames the Renegade that is not cool!
As for if the tires fixed the problem the OP could start a new thread at any time but don't blame the Jeep for something like old tires, diver ect did. If the Jeep had a transmission leak that dose not make the Jeep junk it is a seal failed or a internal problem just like tons of other autos out there.

Us Mods do the best we can! You guys don't have a clue how much spam and robot stuff we have to stop on our forum many times a day and make sure us & you member's keep with in the rules.

We need to keep the forum moving with new members and talk.

I am a long time Jeeper for example and I hate when people call a Jeep a car even our BU! But I let it pass. I am a Mod on 7 forums and for the most part I like it and have meet people from all over the world when they come to Florida or when I was traveling and we would go wheeling.

O.k. I am done with this post have fun folks.
Going to lock it now! Just kidding.
I’m part of a Tahoe/Yukon forum and their stats shows everyone online which include “bots.” Whenever I look I see there are 100+ “bots” on the site. It’s true...the robots are going to take over the world!

·
Registered
2018 Renegade Latitude
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
MzMarvel20 Thank you for the explanation. (I did read your entire post) My brain tends to run in six different directions at once due to being a crossword puzzle addict. Your tack (nautical definition for puddlesplasher) on the closing, to my chagrin, wasn't one of them.

JasoninDLH FYI ... My choice of wording was not to grab attention nor did I get any form of compensation from it.

Mrsig Thanks for your side of this. Also, I was unaware of the amount of time and effort that is involved with maintaining a world wide forum. It surely explains why there are many Moderators. You must feel like an umpire at times. Is it possible to request this also be closed?

Fiat Power With only three words in my title, punctuation would not have added clarity. As for poorly chosen, I can only say you could be right. I hadn't really dwelled much on the title other than to think criticizing a moderator's actions could ban me from the group. My title was not an attempt to get attention nor did I think LINI's was. After reading her initial post, I felt she was venting frustration. She just posted it in the wrong section. I also have over 40 years of automotive work under my belt. You and I have the same mindset about working on our vehicles. Knowing the specifics is a key factor as you stated. When my wife complained about our van feeling like she was driving on railroad ties, she was confused as to why I changed the fuel pump. (With a multi port fuel injection engine a clogged filter was starving some cylinders at times and, as you guessed, fuel pump and filter were one unit in the tank. The lean condition caused the engine to falter at times.) This did fix the problem but I had to ask her some specific questions because she thought there was a problem with the suspension. LINI was in the same boat as far as gleaning information. I also surmised your impatience with her. When the mechanical and logic minded brain gets bombarded with illogical assumptions the best course for me to take is a deep cleansing breath and calmly start to ask questions to straighten out the mess.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Fiat Power With only three words in my title, punctuation would not have added clarity.
Mmmm, yes, punctuation would have helped a bit. :) If you had written "membership-threatening comment," with a hyphen between the first two words, it would made clear that "membership-threatening" was one term -- a modifier of "comment."

It still wouldn't have been clear which comment you were referring to (you meant your own), but...

·
Registered
2018 Renegade Latitude
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thank you! English class in grade school was one of my poorer subjects, so I agree with you. That definitely would have made a huge difference.
On the plus side I have learned a lot about a few members on this forum! 😃

Reactions: puddlesplasher

·
Registered
2018 Renegade Latitude
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Hey, I resemble that remark. Was that your uncontrollable dominate (dominant?) sarcastic gene? ;)
Another heartfelt thanks. That spelling error is due to a keyboard with either a sense of humor or a bad contact. I usually catch most of them when I proof read.

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
puddlesplasher ... I'm afraid we don't see eye to eye on this one. You can not take this out of context and twist it around to mean everyone collectively. "Membership Threatening Comment" is not the same as "Member Threatening Comment". If so, then The member = single person. The membership = everyone. Not the direction I was going. If you read through you would have realized what I meant when I stated ...O.K. This is where my complaint comes in that I feel might get me booted off the forum...
We don't see eye to eye on anything. Even after I offered you an explanation regarding the type of person I am and how I think therefore it's just another post we don't agree on. It does not make it wrong to disagree with anyone but what matters is the way that we make it known. I gave you a Personal message (PM) when I wanted to discuss a comment as I feel that is an appropriate manner to informally try and resolve a conflict.

For each and every person that me knows me in real life they will tell you that I don't suffer fools lightly. They will tell you that I will openly defend anyone against a bully and that I will readily challenge inappropropriate behaviour by speaking up. People can call it rude, obnoxious, challenging, in your face etc. yet I call it being assertive and straight talking which is a massive difference in its interpretation.

Now onto your next point. I don't know how often I try to explain to people that the written word is the most lethal form of communication. There is a saying that "The pen is mightier than the sword" and it's true. Without any body language or verbal communication as happens when face to face with someone then the written word becomes very subjective and open to mis-translation by the reader. Of this we are all guilty and it can often lead to a belief that people have taken the wrong meaning to what was intended.

I try my best to create an informed post/reply and some of you pick up on it and create your own interpretation so in your situation it would appear that the same predicament has befell you. By making a statement of 3 words in bold was open to misinterpretation from the outset.

Initially I read your topic heading as a "person on this forum was being threatened by another member" so I will not apologise for reading the post and commenting what I thought was a reply to defend you regardless of what you think was intended. I genuinely believed you had been threatened by one or more people within the membership of this forum which goes against the rules, terms and conditions and most importantly against my morale integrity and standards.

"Membership Threatening Comment" is not the same as "Member Threatening Comment"
In relation to the words member and membership I provided a quote that explained clearly and concisely that membership can mean a single person. Which in turn reinforces what I have just written that I was supporting you in the belief that you were the injured party.

Can you see a little clearer now that you were getting support even when in your mind you believed that you were lacking any support?
...O.K. This is where my complaint comes in that I feel might get me booted off the forum...
I would like to think the Moderators in here are better people than you may have initially believed. For voicing ones opinion I genuinely believe the Moderators would not have considered removing you from the forum.

In conclusion I hope you can carry on in the forum with the belief and conviction that you add a large contribution to the forum and you are needed.

If anyone felt offended by any of my contributions in Lini's topic then I sincerely apologise as that was never my intention and if you come across any of my direct and forthright chat then think about the explanation I gave above.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts