Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed some 6x9 JBL speakers in my front doors. I also ordered the suggested Metra adapters, 72-6514. Crutchfield also sent me thier recommended adapters for free, 71-050. I noticed the the polarity between the two adapters were reversed. I looked up the schematic that another member posted and found the 72-6514 adapters will fit however are not the correct polarity. Just thought I would let everyone know. The JBL's made quite a difference in the mids and highs. I actually had to cut back on the treble from the stock speaker setting. I have also installed Polk 3.5's in the dash.

Thanks to the member who poster the schematic. It was definitely a help..

·
Registered
261 Posts
I noticed they (Crutchfield) were showing 71-050 as the recommended adaptor and the wires are switched vs the 72-6514. I'm in the UK and only managed to track down a set of 72-6514's on e-bay so will switch the wires with a bit of cutting and soldering and hopefully have the correct polarity.(am assuming Crutchfield are 100% certain of the polarity??) Expecting my kicker 6X9s to arrive tomorrow. Am waiting for ex work colleague in the US to source me the 71-039's so I can fit the kicker dash speakers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.