Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So. As you have seen here in the forum there is alot of speaker uppgrading and swaping to improve the sound of our Renegades. Me personaly I have a Renegaded Limited 2015 with Beats by Dre sound. I have orderd replacement drivers to all 9 speaker positions. 2x JBL GTO front dash, 2x JBL GTO938 front door, 2x Magnat Carfit T15 tweeter and 2x JBL GTO938 rear door. And for the subwoofer place I have orderd a Kicker 672 subwoofer.
I need help with what speaker adapter to use where,
I was thinking maby we should make a list of what connectors to use. Please coment with what u know so we can make this thread complete and a sticky

9-Speaker System:

3,5 Front Dash:
Unknown
6x9 Doors: Metra 71-050s
Backdoor Tweeter: Metra 71-039c

6-Speaker System:

3,5 Front Dash: Unknown
6x9 Doors: Unknown

4-Speaker System:

????????

·
Registered
155 Posts
So. As you have seen here in the forum there is alot of speaker uppgrading and swaping to improve the sound of our Renegades. Me personaly I have a Renegaded Limited 2015 with Beats by Dre sound. I have orderd replacement drivers to all 9 speaker positions. 2x JBL GTO front dash, 2x JBL GTO938 front door, 2x Magnat Carfit T15 tweeter and 2x JBL GTO938 rear door. And for the subwoofer place I have orderd a Kicker 672 subwoofer.
I need help with what speaker adapter to use where,
I was thinking maby we should make a list of what connectors to use. Please coment with what u know so we can make this thread complete and a sticky

9-Speaker System:

3,5 Front Dash:
Unknown
6x9 Doors: Metra 71-050s
Backdoor Tweeter: Metra 71-039c

4-Speaker System:

????????
6-Speaker System:[/U] My Trailhawk has the 6 speaker system and Really cheap crap speakers, I can tell you!

[/B]3,5 Front Dash: Alpha- Romeo 51943829, 3.5 inch two way
6x9 Doors: Mopar model #51977807, 6x9 two way

·
Registered
116 Posts
if you take the speakers out and have a look at the connectors take some photos , then look at Alfa , fiat ,Chrysler fit adaptors thats how i found the one s for mine , im in the UK so the codes probably wont match anything state side .
i found this the quickest and simplest way to find what i wanted , hope thats of some help

·
Registered
261 Posts
if you take the speakers out and have a look at the connectors take some photos , then look at Alfa , fiat ,Chrysler fit adaptors thats how i found the one s for mine , im in the UK so the codes probably wont match anything state side .
i found this the quickest and simplest way to find what i wanted , hope thats of some help
I'm also in the UK...what alternative adaptor did you find for the dash speakers??

·
Registered
116 Posts
400667205953 this is the eBay number of the ones I purchased today. Will be here tomorrow so can update then. Also ordered the kicker 3.5inch speakers. Again should be here tomorrow or Thursday. If I've got it wrong on the connectors I will let you know. I pulled the speakers out before ordering to check.

·
Registered
261 Posts
400667205953 this is the eBay number of the ones I purchased today. Will be here tomorrow so can update then. .
am keen to hear if they fit. ex work colleagues in the US who were meant to be sending me a set of metra 71-039c's have sent 72-6514's instead (fit the door speakers)...so I'm still sitting here 4 weeks on with Kicker dash speakers but no wiring adaptors.

·
Registered
116 Posts
So I got the connectors today and bugger me i got the wrong ones. Look the same but we're smaller, How ever I have found some others. That look similar. This is the connector in the car. If all else fails I'm going to maplins and will make some. if I do I will let you know.

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
I've got a nephew in Washington who has agreed to (hopefully) buy the correct ones and post them over...but if adaptors that fit are available in the UK that'll be a big help to everyone wanting to upgrade their dash speakers.

·
Registered
116 Posts
i should have the speakers and connectors by Friday this week , im hoping this set of cables solves the issues so we dont have to order overseas as its a pain and can cost a load in import taxes
im making a trip to maplins over the weekend any way so may end up making some sets , if they work out i will add a link for nay one buy them at cost of bits or supply the part numbers so you can make your own

·
Registered
261 Posts
the import taxes aren't an issue..I got sets of Metra 72-6514's from China and the US for the door speakers and there is no tax, but postage from the US is quite high. Main issue for dash speakers is that the adaptors that fit are metra 71-039c and the only place in the world that I have found so far to sell them is Crutchfield in the US and they don't ship abroad.

·
Registered
116 Posts
i was having a think that it might be worth changing the plug end totally , for a more standard one with the same size pins for an easy swap . lets face it ,unless i buy another Renegade i wont need the speakers again after im done with the car . and the ones in the dash dont even weigh enough to use as paper weights .

·
Registered
261 Posts
thats true...my nuclear option is to cut the integral plug plus terminals off the premium speakers and solder them onto the new speaker terminals. But I'm prepared to wait a couple of weeks more before doing so.

·
Super Moderator
3,658 Posts
i was having a think that it might be worth changing the plug end totally , for a more standard one with the same size pins for an easy swap . lets face it ,unless i buy another Renegade i wont need the speakers again after im done with the car . and the ones in the dash dont even weigh enough to use as paper weights .

NOOOOOO!

Seriously don't. If you want to commit because the stockers suck, take the connectors off that end and make something out of them. We have at least one forum member who has successfully done that.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.