Jeep Renegade Forum banner
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
So my speakers arrived. No cables yet. So I fitted some spade terminals so I could at least use the speakers. Here they are. They sound pretty good. But know show the flaws in the door speakers

·
Registered
261 Posts
when you get round to doing the door speakers, the wiring adaptors are Metra 71-050..only available in the US at crutchfield as far as I can tell, but Metra 72- 6514's are the same connector but with the polarity round the other way.....easy to switch the wires round and you can get 72-6514's on e-bay either form the US (expensive postage) or from China for £6.20 inc postage. Have said that some folks have used 6514's as they are and haven't reported any reverse polarity sound issues. I've got Kicker 41KSC354's waiting to go in the dash...had to get them from the US but the model variant you have fitted seem to be easy to get hold of in the UK.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Since 71-050s can't be ordered in Europe, we now clearly know from users here that 72-6514 is the same connector with reverse polarity.

We can't get a hold of 71-039c in Europe also, does anyone know if there is a reverse polarity sibling to it that we in Europe can order?

·
Registered
261 Posts
We can't get a hold of 71-039c in Europe also, does anyone know if there is a reverse polarity sibling to it that we in Europe can order?
I haven't found one and have spent many hours searching. I found what had a picture of a 71-039c being sold on amazon.com under the code 72-7901 and ordered it (from the US) but the connector that arrived was not 71-039c so the picture they have posted is wrong...so beware.

only hope is if the second lot of connectors Martin Luck ordered on e-bay in the UK fit..if they do we have a low cost solution. Fingers crossed.

·
Super Moderator
3,538 Posts
According to my crutchfield order, the adapters they included with my 3.5" dash speakers on my 9 speaker system were metra 71-039c

·
Registered
261 Posts
172193355938. This is the set I've ordered tonight so fingers crossed I've not got this wrong. But for the sake of a few quid it's worth trying to help every one in the UK find the connectors.
Did the connectors arrive and did they fit???

·
Registered
116 Posts
As of yet not seen them. Good old royal mail. I've had the speakers in for a week now and love the change in the sound. But really need to do the door speakers as they now sound weak.
Soon as they arrive I will let you know

·
Registered
348 Posts
The 72-6514's are much easier to find, and it's a 2 minute job to flop the wires for correct polarity if needed. The 72-050, currently only available at Crutchfield, are not necessary.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Speakers sound great. I've just ordered so infinity reference for the front doors to help bring the music forward. The headunit is driving me nuts. It picks an chosen the bass it plays on some music.

·
Registered
116 Posts
No never arrived. Only other ones I've seen are from China. It's driving me mad. I'm trying to get the parts to make a break out patch so I don't have to cut wires to add my sub and amp. But again getting parts is a pain.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I bought my dash speakers almost 10 weeks ago and they are still not fitted..so pissed off....hopefully my nephew in US did post the 039c's late last week so they might arrive this week or next.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Do What I did and just get some spade connectors. And do a temp fix it's a 5 min swap .if you pop the head unit out you can see which works are pos and neg. It's written on the top of it.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts