Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
its a decent ride, I image the rav-4 being a better ride, but that's not why your interested in a Renny... your intrested for the same reason many of us bought one.

The looks

The looks actually mean nothing to me. It seems to be the most able in the snow vehicle that has half decent fuel economy.

·
Registered
607 Posts
seriously debating making the switch from a Toyota Rav-4 to a Renegade North. Had a number Toyota's over the years and never owned a Jeep. Any input would be appreciated..

THX
its a decent ride, I image the rav-4 being a better ride, but that's not why your interested in a Renny... your intrested for the same reason many of us bought one.

The looks

I have test driven hundreds of different cars with clients over the years, new and used... and I've driven a few Rav 4's and I have to say The toyota Rav-4 has the bounciest, goofiest most unsettling ride out of any car. The ride of the Jeep Renegade isn't the most incredible ride that I've driven (that belongs to a buick enclave) but it is much, much smoother than a Rav-4.

·
Registered
131 Posts
snow tires on any vehicle make it snow able... I used to drive a pontiac wave here in Ontario Canada and never got stuck in the snow...

the thought on most of us Renny owners is the fear of being beta testers with it...

The ride is okay. Its fantastic on gas as far as tiny suv's go.... The acceleration leaves alot to be desired, but thats at the cost of fuel economy I suppose.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
snow tires on any vehicle make it snow able... I used to drive a pontiac wave here in Ontario Canada and never got stuck in the snow...

the thought on most of us Renny owners is the fear of being beta testers with it...

The ride is okay. Its fantastic on gas as far as tiny suv's go.... The acceleration leaves alot to be desired, but thats at the cost of fuel economy I suppose.

Snow tyres and decent AWD system is even better.:)

·
Registered
607 Posts
It is a new vehicle so reliability is an unknown and lets face it, wont be as good as Toyota. Who is?
As far as reliability goes, I'd say honda and toyota are prety much neck & neck. They are also neck & neck for the most boring cars as well (in my opinion), LOL.

And while the Renegade itself is a new vehicle, the engines and transmissions that come with it have been around for a few years, which is somewhat comforting.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
As far as reliability goes, I'd say honda and toyota are prety much neck & neck. They are also neck & neck for the most boring cars as well (in my opinion), LOL.

And while the Renegade itself is a new vehicle, the engines and transmissions that come with it have been around for a few years, which is somewhat comforting.

The 9 speed?

·
Registered
607 Posts
The 9 speed?
I was referring to the engines mostly and the manual trans has been around, but the 9 speed - you're right about that one, maybe not so much on that as far as being around/proven in other cars, I don't know if that transmission has been in another Fiat/Chrysler/Dodge car prior to the renegade other than the 2014 Jeep Cherokee. So that may be the thing to worry about for all the automatic folks here.

·
Registered
131 Posts
its a uneasy feeling... sometimes when Im driving on the highway it feels almost like its stuck in a gear. like I should have jumped into the next one at this speed by now. Its hard to explain, when you drive one you kind of feel it jumping 3 gears before you get to 50km/h (as it should with 9 speeds) but the faster you go the more gears it jumps into and you pretty much have to be doing a crazy fast speed to hit that 9th speed so it should never stay stuck in a speed as long as your accelerating

Im not sure if its right or wrong or whatever, it just feels like there's alot of room for error. Like more parts just equals more chances of breaking down. Maybe if these transmissions were made in Japan Id have a little more trust. But the only reason I tossed caution to the wind and decided to buy one and be a beta-testing for this transmission was because it looked so darn cool lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.