Jeep Renegade Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Renegade Latitude for about six weeks and have found some minor but somewhat annoying issues - when the sun is blasting you through your drivers front window the sunvisor just can't seem to block it out due to the headliner and A-Pillar design when you flip it round to block the suns rays - even with that plastic thing pulled completely out you will still get blasted with the hot sun. Try it, you will understand what I am talking about. Bad design. And speaking of A-Pillars, the Renegade's are very large causing a minor blind spot at times when you are at en intersection. My final minor beef is from my better half, she complains that the passenger side wiper stays up on the windshield much higher than the drivers side - not parked correctly and she is right about that - it looks pretty awkward. Mine sits up on the glass 5" higher than the drivers side. And too bad the little front wing windows don't open like the cars back in the 60's & 70's that would be pretty cool !!

· Registered
2015 Trailhawk
404 Posts
...too bad the little front wing windows don't open like the cars back in the 60's & 70's that would be pretty cool !!
I said that to the sales guy during my test drive!

Haven't had an issue with the visor yet.

Pretty sure the wiper sits higher on the passenger side by design. Looks a bit odd, but I don't really mind it, myself.

And those definitely are some big ol' A-pillars.

· Registered
378 Posts
I said that to the sales guy during my test drive!

Haven't had an issue with the visor yet.

Pretty sure the wiper sits higher on the passenger side by design. Looks a bit odd, but I don't really mind it, myself.

And those definitely are some big ol' A-pillars.

The wiper sits higher by design because it is long. If they made it flush it would have to be a shorter wiper blade and it would not wipe the window completely. Take a look at it and you will see what I mean. As for the visors I have not had a problem with them.

· Registered
87 Posts
Many cars today have one large wiper blade and one small one. I just traded in a Fiat Abarth on my Renegade and it had the same scenario. As far as the sun visor, yes I have experienced that as well. Almost makes it worth placing a wide strip of tint across the front of the window. I live in Florida and have felt this numerous times but it does not detract from the overall fun and ownership pleasure of owning this vehicle

· Registered
604 Posts
I expect you'll be thankful for that thick A-pillar if you're ever in a rollover accident. Thick A (and B, and C) pillars are very common on modern vehicles due to safety regs. At least the relatively vertical windshield on the Renegade keeps that A-pillar close to you instead of being way out front in your forward field of vision like many more "swoopy" cars. The 2006 Civic my wife used to have was terrible for this.

· Registered
378 Posts
Many cars today have one large wiper blade and one small one. I just traded in a Fiat Abarth on my Renegade and it had the same scenario. As far as the sun visor, yes I have experienced that as well. Almost makes it worth placing a wide strip of tint across the front of the window. I live in Florida and have felt this numerous times but it does not detract from the overall fun and ownership pleasure of owning this vehicle
At the auto store I saw this wide tinted strip that said Jeep across the top that is made for applying to the top of your window. That would probably work for some of you.

· Registered
175 Posts
And speaking of A-Pillars, the Renegade's are very large causing a minor blind spot at times when you are at en intersection. My final minor beef is from my better half, she complains that the passenger side wiper stays up on the windshield much higher than the drivers side - not parked correctly and she is right about that - it looks pretty awkward.
Since we now drive a Toyota FJ Cruiser I can tell you these things won't bother me when our Renegade Latitude arrives. On the FJ, the pillars are way bigger so visibility seems great to me in the Renegade. Also on the FJ, it has 3 wipers on the front :) - one 16 inch one for the driver and two 13 or 14 inch ones for the middle and passenger. Since I'm already used to this weird configuration, I'm sure the Renegade wipers will look normal :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.