Jeep Renegade Forum banner

Mirror nightmare

14K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Rskitall 
#1 ·
When I first got my renegade not even out of the lot, the dealer notices my mirrors are scratched. Of course after I signed the papers. Something that should have been caught in a PID. So they replaced the mirrors and now the driver side mirror wobbles when I drive. I went to the car wash today and my passenger mirror pops off when the dryers turned on. This is a replacement vehicle to a patriot that was deemed a lemon. I have had lots of vehicles but none with such quality issues as jeep.

It is a shame because I actually like this renegade. Much more solid than the patriot but seriously. I hope they just replace the whole mirror this time because this is ridiculous.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Take it back and have them fix it correctly. My first guess is that the service tech somehow compromised the mirror attachments when they "fixed" the scratches.

#5 ·
This will be my third time coming back for the mirrors. They supposedly tightened them to stop the shaking but it didn't fix it. Just feels like last time, go to the dealer countless times for the same thing. After the second time they should replace the whole thing in stead of replacing parts

#6 ·
Weird again. It took me four trips to the dealer to fix the scratched mirror. They have to go in through the door panel to get to the mirror and in doing so they missed up the weather stripping, I had to take it back to get the weather stripping replaced, then when they replaced the weather stripping they broke a plastic part, then when they fixed that the door rattled when I had the music on, so they had to take it all apart again to stop the rattling. It was a big inconvenience and I was madder then heck but they don’t care. Other then that I have not had any issues.

#10 ·
Jeep cares I am still waiting for the dealer to even contact me I have called numerous times. This will be my third time for the same issue. I had to push the mirror back in today it popped out from the wind. If there were no wires attached to the mirrors it would be gone. I also noticed that the renegade sign on the door is coming off. I have the worst luck. I really like the renegade but this dealership is the worst. Great salesman but their service department is horrible. I am not waiting like last time to file arbitration if they don't fix it this time. This will be my third time for the mirrors.

#11 · (Edited)
Mirror scratches on passenger side.

Brand new Renegade owner here.

I too have scratches on my passenger side mirror as well. I noticed this right after I drove off the lot. I have yet to take to the dealer to have them replace it in fear that they may not repair the vehicle right. I would've taken it right back after delivery, but I had to be at work in an hour.
:ReneBlueWave:

#15 ·
That I am not sure it might be in the manual how to replace the bulb. Finally got them to call back and have an appointment for the 23rd. They said they ordered the whole assembly but we'll see. This is will be the 3rd time and I am not playing this game again. I hope it works out because the jeep has been pretty good otherwise. Transmission makes weird shifts every once in a while but for the most part it is very smooth. Seats are really nice and everything else is pretty well put together. I can't get a car wash or when it is super windy and on the highway the mirrors pop out, it is embarrassing.

#16 ·
Got the mirrors replaced but I still get a slight wobble at high speeds. So I guess my question is does your mirror wobble just a little. The passenger side is rock solid. They also didn't put the door together back correctly because now it sounds like a screw is loose when I close the door. I never know why they can't get things right the first time. Extremely frustrating

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.